• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me? I have never seen men in my hometown wearing gold chains - the men I know in the mid 40 to mid 50 age group wouldn't wear neck jewelry of any sort. That's my age group, though, so maybe the younger guys do and I'm just not aware of it. We were on vacation recently and the pool was FULL of men - and almost every one of them had on a gold chain around his neck. They were a little younger than my age group but had wives and small to middle school aged children in the pool. My first thought was "Ugh, get that thing off." My second thought was, "Is there a correlation between all that gaudy neck jewelry and your obnoxious behavior?" Of course, it could also have been that there was an open bar and drinks were being served to people IN THE POOL, so as a group everyone was pretty drunk and just easing into the obnoxious category. But all those neck chains.... Do your husbands wear them? What is the deal?
Super Jersey Shores thing. I think that you can look great if your look is totally against stereotype, in general, b\ut I think that for gold chains specifically, you either have to have old guy, old school cool, or be not in the normal demographic group, or you likely just end up looking just plain corny.

Samuel Walker

Reaction score
There have been many attempts at jewelry topics and i think it has boiled down to

- Wear a watch
- Wear some bead bracelets with your wa
So as far as I can tell there isn't a topic for discussing jewelry here. I don't know how many here are wearing it, but I figure there's at least a handful so it would be cool to have a place to put discussion. I recently ordered this bracelet that I'm looking forward to wearing:
p1110647.jpg
SCHORL x Sympathy of Soul -- ¥19,000 I'm still considering the matching necklace (if I could find it anywhere, anyway):
p1110589.jpg
SCHORL x Sympathy of Soul -- ¥39,000 I'm still looking for a bracelet for my other hand, and these are the ones I've liked so far:
CoinSetBrace_1.JPG
Sympathy of Soul -- ¥30,000
4_14_25.jpg
Animal Worship -- ¥28,000
tumblr_lmfgb9Wnn21qbblino1_500.jpg
Diet Butcher Slim Skin x Garden of Eden -- ¥15,000 I really like the DBSS one but I think it might look weird to have a leather bracelet on each wrist ... Finally, another DBSS one, which is pretty old and cannot be found anywhere. If you know where I can get it, please tell me!
dbssfeatherbraceletblack.jpg
Anyway, comments on any of this is welcome, and I look forward to seeing your own jewelry haves and wants
smile.gif

tch if you want
- Wear your wedding band

Your pictures aren't showing but I went ahead and googled a couple of them and all I saw were glorified versions of random cheap dragon/skull jewelry. I bought a necklace of a shield with a dragon on it because I thought it looked cool, but I was 10 years old.
These are really nice looking !

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything from the Swedish brand All Blues? They have a few nice looking pieces

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of the brand Bill Wall Leather? Any experience with this brand?
I know it - it's one of those old school LA-inspired biker brands, in the same category as something like Chrome Hearts back in the day. Not really my deal, but the quality is quite decent. What do you like about it? There are other options in the same space.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
I know it - it's one of those old school LA-inspired biker brands, in the same category as something like Chrome Hearts back in the day. Not really my deal, but the quality is quite decent. What do you like about it? There are other options in the same space.
I've always been a bit fascinated with some of these biker-style brands that use thick silver and strong motifs. It's not exactly my style, but I have been considering something small from one of these brands to mix into my outfits (perhaps a bracelet). Chrome Hearts is a cool brand, and I gifted my mom one of their "nail rings", although rising prices and hype have been pushing me to look towards lesser-known brands. I also like Good Art, the designs are a bit friendlier and less in-your-face. What other brands are you aware of?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone excited for the return of the Model-A by GoodArt?
It was gone? I haven't needed one for a few years, so did not notice. It's a canonical piece though. In other news, I got one of each of these collbs between Good Art HLYWDand Good Fight for Christmas

A matchbook cover:

A modhawk for a lego figure: https://goodfight.shop/collections/...oodfight-modhawk-charm?variant=39618933424296

takashi78

Reaction score
It was gone? I haven't needed one for a few years, so did not notice. It's a canonical piece though. In other news, I got one of each of these collbs between Good Art HLYWDand Good Fight for Christmas

Think it was out of production and "discontinued" for a number of years.

Had the chance to buy one while on vacation many years ago, stumbled upon the trunkshow held in Selfedge, but back then, funds were dried as i was at the end of the vacation.
Had i know then......LOL

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been a bit fascinated with some of these biker-style brands that use thick silver and strong motifs. It's not exactly my style, but I have been considering something small from one of these brands to mix into my outfits (perhaps a bracelet). Chrome Hearts is a cool brand, and I gifted my mom one of their "nail rings", although rising prices and hype have been pushing me to look towards lesser-known brands. I also like Good Art, the designs are a bit friendlier and less in-your-face. What other brands are you aware of?
If you are unsure, but want to dip your toes in, pocket jewelry (wallets, matchbook cases, etc...) are a good way to go.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had the chance to buy one while on vacation many years ago, stumbled upon the trunkshow held in Selfedge, but back then, funds were dried as i was at the end of the vacation.
Had i know then......LOL
Yeah, of that style of link chain, it's one of the very best.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re

Had i know then......LOL
Non-buyer's remorse. I know it more than buyer's remorse, tbh.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironheart has something that might work for you. It's roughly in that style but also a bit more subdued. I have this myself:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads