• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
Here's an open Q: What's the point of having two WAYWT threads? Seems utterly useless to me.
One has pics and discussion, the other has pics only. Seems quite obvious to me. Lol idk how i missed ARW's pic. You get a +1 for the "save mazda" sign. Nice fit too. Those shorts look pretty sweet.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
PG- I just need to send you the contents of my piggy bank and have you proxy me ties... I swear, despite loathing most formal dress, your fits make me wish I had to wear a tie to work each day.
- your wedding package will arrive next week I believe

Originally Posted by aeglus
Knit dot ties are the most awesome ties.
- only until it becomes SF circle jerk uniform again..
lurker[1].gif

Originally Posted by berlin report
PG, you should really come with me to the Pitti Uomo fair in Florence. Those guys make me feel like I'm wearing a dish rag. You could show them a thing or two.
- actually had the chance a few years ago, would love to & who know.. May do next year..

Originally Posted by barims
"Obligatory postcard shot":
- Sheesh! You just blew away the week!

Originally Posted by berlin report
Basic:
- the best is basic

Originally Posted by adamha21
It was cold yesterday and I didn't feel like taking a fit pic. At the same time, when I crawled into bed I decided to just throw my clothes in a heap on the floor. Upon waking this morning--I thought they looked strangely appropriate.
- hmmm.. I like this approach, shame I don't plan ahead

Originally Posted by kixslf
flathead
tanner goods
eternal
7hole

- I like this

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
He was a bastard. But he lived and poasted hard.
- you should use your father's camera more often

Back to Topic

Temp - 33c/91F & >90% humidity, rain, some sunshine not easy to wear clothing
Days Agenda - Wednesday, some meetings, pick up new SC from Mystery then a joint iBloke farewell (ByeBye MaoMao) & Phat 40th (FUK I'm so ready..) dinner this evening..

Q: How do you do it?
A: Hot water & lemon every morning

L1020535.jpg
L1020536.jpg

L1020537.jpg
L1020541.jpg

Only in HKG do they smoke so much.. @ 0745
L1020542.jpg

Bonus close-up of my SC from yesterday - can't remember who, but here is the sleeve head.
L1020532.jpg

Frames Clear plastic - Cutler & Gross
Sports Coat Dark blue linen DB - MFM Peter Lee
PS\t Pal Zileri
Shirt Light blue cotton PP BD - MFM Peter Lee
Ring Sterling Silver "Intreccato" weave - Bottega Veneta
Bracelet Chinese Karma wooden beads
Tie Wool knit - E. Zegna
Pants Dark-grey Super 120 Wool/Mohair - MFM Peter Lee
Socks Navy with random geometric patterns - Pantharella
F/wear\t Navy calf cap-toe oxford - Stefano Bemer for Valextra
Bag Dark olive/green soft case aka "Boston" in Saffiano calf - Prada
Pen Red "Guilietta" Alfa Romeo LE roller ball, resin - Delta
Odeur\tOriginal Musk Blend #1 - Kiehls

Lachy

Reaction score
PG, are you getting someone to take your photo for you on those outside shots? Or are you resting it on something, perhaps similar to that pillar behind you?

Is it hard to time it so people don't walk into your shot?

As already mentioned by others many many times, awesome shoes, and awesome tie!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
Here's an open Q: What's the point of having two WAYWT threads? Seems utterly useless to me.
Originally Posted by JayJay
I don't understand the point of two either.

Lurk moar nubs.

Not sure how or why it'd be hard to understand that once in a while it'd be nice to just see fits and skip the circlejerk comments, repeated quoting, and inside jokes.

dexterhaven

Reaction score
It's nice in theory, but a lot of big contributors post only in one thread. So I have to check both threads lest I miss a good fit, which is even more of a pain ********** than scrolling past a bunch of asinine comments.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dexterhaven
It's nice in theory, but a lot of big contributors post only in one thread. So I have to check both threads lest I miss a good fit, which is even more of a pain ********** than scrolling past a bunch of asinine comments.
Yeah, I wish ppl would post in both threads.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dexterhaven
So what you're saying is that you're "pain"ed by the act of having to click two seperate links...? Do you eat your food through an IV, too?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would.

1L 4 & 1/5th + 10mg Maxalon = Goodbye Hangover

NoobLOL

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
So what you're saying is that you're "pain"ed by the act of having to click two seperate links...?

Do you eat your food through an IV, too?

The annoyance doesn't stem from having to click two links, but rather the inability to compliment or question a poster, or open discussion for the forum based on said poster(s) fit.

I understand PMs work just fine, but often the comments made are intended to be public. Should the original poster not read the discussion thread, the dialogue is DOA.

If you're only interested in viewing the pics, why are you so put off by having to scroll past the comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members