• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Young casual streetwear/ club clothing

Jamesol1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm too young for this forum style wise, I have been looking around and the clothing so far I have seen is more formal/business. Anyways I'm 20 and I am looking at casual clothing to wear for going out to the shops with or even to clubs etc. Let me know what you think of the clothing and feel free to post some of your own. I personally only look at clothing from £20- £60.

I think this first casual shirt is quite nice, something you could wear at a club or simply wear it on the street without looking too formal. This shirt is currently on sale at £51. If you zoom in you will notice that there is also dark blue within the pattern of which I think makes it look quite nice.
http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6567869&CTARef=Basket+Page

A plain grey long sleeve top of which would look better with a nice dark jacket, unless you are quite ripped/muscles... with this kind of style I think it would make someone who is already slim look more skinny.
http://www.asos.com/Brooklyn-Supply...iewed&WT.ac=rec_viewed&CTAref=Recently+Viewed

These are fully black trainers of which is the color I only tend to buy as it goes with literally everything unless you have a light top and light trousers... in my opinion it makes me stand out too much.
http://www.asos.com/Vans/Vans-Old-S...iewed&WT.ac=rec_viewed&CTAref=Recently+Viewed

Now these next pair of shoes are #110 but are much nicer. The above shoes really are something a 16 - 20 year old would wear. I personally cannot wear those running/sports style trainers of which are quite in at the moment in the UK because my shoe size is 11... they just look too bulky on me. If i was well built then perhaps they would be ok. Anyways these are the nicest black trainers/shoes I have seen to date:
http://www.asos.com/timberland/timb...alstyles=99&gridsize=3&gridrow=4&gridcolumn=3

A nice plain jacket I may consider buying of which is one sale for £55.00. Like a lot of the items above it will go with quite a few bits clothing. I do personally prefer black jackets. Black shoes, black jacket, denim trousers from grey to blue and a shirt/t-shirt.
http://www.asos.com/french-connecti...lstyles=256&gridsize=3&gridrow=8&gridcolumn=1

----- I will add more items soon ------

For those who want to give an opinion, do bare in mind that I'm 20 around the age of university/high school student so the formal/business casual look isn't something my age generally wear. none of my friends know much or are into 'fashion' so I thought it may get some help here :).

Last edited:

Jamesol1

Reaction score
Have i posted this is the wrong forum? Or do most posts not get that many replies early on creation?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is $tyle Forum, it's clothing from £200-£600 and much more. :happy:

Last edited:

aidanc

Reaction score
As MikeDT has said, Styleforum is probably not the ideal place for posts discussing the type of clothing you are interested in. Not that there is anything wrong with your style or the items you posted, just that the demographic here leans towards the bespoke/artisanal/"high-end" side of the spectrum rather than fast fashion. If you want to get a better sense of the casual style that is common on SF, check out the WAYWT thread for casual clothing.

For discussing more frugal clothing with a younger audience, the reddit "Male fashion advice" thread may be worth a look.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll move this to "menswear advice" which might get you a bit more action.

I think that all your items are fine. There is just not that much to say about them except that you can probably wear a lot of the clothes without fear of looking skinnier, as long as they fit well.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have i posted this is the wrong forum? Or do most posts not get that many replies early on creation?

I'm new here as well, but I know from past experience in other forums that it can take a while for a community to "warm up" to new members. It's natural and normal, especially with a site as large as this one.

Personally, I'm not really sure what you're asking in your original post. Do you want other options for the clothing you shared? Opinions on how they look or the quality? Advice on how to improve your personal style in general? Maybe a more specific question would help generate more answers. For example, you could ask about what to wear with the bomber jacket.

If you're looking for inspiration, Instagram can be a big help. Try searching for #mensfashion, #streetstyle or #streetwear. There are a lot of posts related to the looks you linked to that may interest you.

Hope that helps!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not really sure what you're asking in your original post. Do you want other options for the clothing you shared? Opinions on how they look or the quality? Advice on how to improve your personal style in general? Maybe a more specific question would help generate more answers. For example, you could ask about what to wear with the bomber jacket.
I think that this - making your question more specific, would really help. There is nothing particular objectionable about the clothes you linked to, nor anything particularly controversial about your views. So I'm just at a bit of a loss on what sort of feedback to give, other then "Yeah, stuff looks okay,. Not great, not terrible, but okay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads