• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

conduit

Reaction score
Could some one please help me find the name of this model from aw 2009.

I believe he is a perfume maker in Paris

Ragechester

Reaction score
Kind of a nondescript jacket but does anyone know what year/season this is from. Trying to get an idea of how it might fit, looks like it might have more a sloped shoulder?

kaf1

Reaction score

We share.
FW marble and SS16 pants for her
FW 15 deconstructed asym blazer and cdg black pants for me
In Tokyo another week!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
SS17 was insane ... so many good looks :slayer:

short clip

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

long clip

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Reaction score
summoning the dead here to hopefully answer an obvious question. i recently got a yyph shirt that was made in italy post 2000s but i've never heard/seen any yyph pieces being made there with the exception of a post from david saying he had an aw02 knit from there. anyone have any experience/should i post tag pictures? i know there are fakes out there but i feel like this is a really confusing thing to fake as it's incredibly basic and not recognizable

sosuke

Reaction score

summoning the dead here to hopefully answer an obvious question. i recently got a yyph shirt that was made in italy post 2000s but i've never heard/seen any yyph pieces being made there with the exception of a post from david saying he had an aw02 knit from there. anyone have any experience/should i post tag pictures? i know there are fakes out there but i feel like this is a really confusing thing to fake as it's incredibly basic and not recognizable 

I've had a t shirt made there. I feel like the fakes would say made in Japan since that is where most Yohji is made. You're probably fine but maybe posting the tags will give you further assurance.

Mojo1990

Reaction score

Dellacruz

Reaction score
Anyone have any good recommendations for a pair of derbies that compliment the whole Yohji aesthetic? Been on the hunt for a pair for a while now.

Inter

Reaction score
X-posting from a thread I started that hasn't had any responses. I'm interested in the clothes yohji wears in Notebook on Cities and Clothes.

I love the clothes Yohji wears in this film. They're very understated and extremely refined, much like Yohji himself. I particularly love the way the loose tops and the high-waisted pants meet and the drape it produces over the belt. Can anyone give me any tips on how to put together fits like this? If you could link to similar fits and appropriate pieces that would be wonderful.

I've included some screenshots in the spoiler. A lot of the film is shot on a video recorder rather than a film camera, so the images are quite low-res. It works wonderfully in the film, but unfortunately doesn't translate well to still image.

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score
Any advice on where to find vintage Yohji in japan other than the big resale shops like ragtag? I'm going to Tokyo, Okayama, Osaka, and Kyoto.

I remember finding a few vintage shops that specialized in Yohji a while ago while browsing Rakuten, but can't remember their names anymore unfortunately. Will try Lumiere Vive in Osaka, but there were loads of other also that I forgot about.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member