• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

wireartists

Reaction score
there is not much gabardine in the runaway, retail is 1000 euros aprox for the wrap pants (good price tbh) I think the shorter version with no cuffs is the sleeper this season. the flap in the picture is part of the jacket btw, nice piece and the cut is very small...i need a sz 4, watch out this season (cuts are small!)

on a side note I'm putting for sale a lot of things, check sz. All really good items, I'm just gravitating towards only gabardine + little details (new take), all bloody rare as usual.

http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16059
http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16010

Last edited:
Reaction score
those black espadrille ones are pretty darn sweet
smile.gif

fireflygrave

Reaction score
your "boring ****" is more rad than my standout fits haha! :)

davidlee388

Reaction score

I think I could shed some light on the wrap vs tuck difference.

Basically, the wrap iterations have an extra layer of fabric that wraps around the side and is fastened somehow to the front of the pants.

This can be undone so that the extra layer of fabric is free to move around when you do.

If those who have actually handled the collection could chime in as well that would be great.

Unfortunately, no idea of Japanese pricing at the moment. You could shoot Sharpservice an email?

I think the wool gab " wrap " pants are the same cut as these Look 21 pants. The wool ones ( HX-P15-100 ) have belt loops, button + ribbon waist closure. The legs of the pants comprise 2 overlapping soft hand wool panels of fabrics fastened only by one hidden button at the waist and one button at the hem. It means if you do not button them at all you will see the whole side of your leg from thigh to foot. The overlapped layer of outer fabric can then be further tightened at the hem with ribbon creating a ballooning silhouette. Does it make sense? They are not one size fit all if I remembered rightly seeing a sz 2. The retail here is .....hmmm let's say the UK are robbing b**tards.

davidlee388

Reaction score
YYPH SS13 Look 9 Block Dyed Panel Blazer in 100% rayon + 100% cotton patchwork construction, split unequal length back hem.

Very quick roadtest after a very quick succumbing to temptation, it's too good.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that the one shah was selling?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
*still for sale but I do believe it to be same one
shown on runway, amazing wool gab

dantebykiko

Reaction score
yes and no. same season very different cut for both, jacket and trousers. trousers are super wide and the jacket its half-lined without the vest. beautiful gabardine indeed. also mine its black.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
were there any other y's pants that had that white thread running down the side? Also what was the season code if you dont mind me asking.

I have a suspicion that the pants that I have might be related. The too have that white side stich/stripe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads