• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
some ss13 stock in Vertice showing up (too bad their shipping costs are massive)

wrap, tuck, and outer-pocket jackets all in wool gab :drool:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those trousers
ohhhhhh man :slayer:

Can never really mean no more black pieces with yohji right shah :D

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I am so tempted to put in an order for those wool gab wrap pants right now! They look awesome from that pic. Actually, the Vertice buy is pretty nice come to think of it. The "gauze cotton" of the l/s tee sounds interesting.

davidlee388

Reaction score

Damn, I am so tempted to put in an order for those wool gab wrap pants right now! They look awesome from that pic. Actually, the Vertice buy is pretty nice come to think of it. The "gauze cotton" of the l/s tee sounds interesting.

Hey Ivwri, I just PMed you in another social medium about something which may interest you :)

Btw I cannot upload any pics in this thread without my PC and I'm 6000 miles from it atm.

Edit:- SS13 is very very good after a third encounter.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am liking SS13 more and more with each look but I liked it a lot from the start

Looking forward to seeing you guys incorporate the pieces into your style :D

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Check Cardigan 60/35/5 alpaca/nylon/wool blend. Size 3 ( only size available ) 7B closure, quite low V-neck, very long but very nice in person. The buttons and button hole placket are constructed on a different panel giving a 3-D effect. I will be happy to buy this ( in the sale lol )
finally got it :D

Reaction score
got this y's x joyce trousers with suspenders awhile back. not as nice as those vertice ss13 yohjis though...need to save up money for a new pair of yohji trousers =)

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
judging from the low rise of the crouch and the big buttons, also slim suspenders, im pretty sure those y's pants are from the femme line.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
footwear appeared first at ln-cc's ss13 buy

sshum

Reaction score
Can one of the resident experts point out the details that makes one pair a wrap vs. tuck? And anyone know what the japanese retail is on the above?

The local store received their 1st drop and they had 2 similar pairs of the above pants in wool gab + 1 in rayon. One of the wool gabs used a drawstring waist enclosure, with pleats front and back, 2 side pockets and ties at the hem on the inside. The other wool gab used a drawstring and button enclosure at the waist with 2 back pockets with buttons, ties at the hem which showed on the outside and noticeably less pleats. They both seemed to fit the same even the the front & back pleated pair was a size 2 and the other was a size 3.

The rayon pair differed from the wool gabs in that it did not have any ties at the hems. Instead they ran an elastic around the leg of the pant about 12" from the bottom hem. It was also a little shorter than the wool gabs and really looked like a skirt when on. I think these ones were on Look 35.

The store also had a pair of the turquoise blue patterned pants. The biggest difference between this pair and the other 3 black pairs was that it had a drop crotch. I never tried it on as the store was closing.

Sorry no codes as the SAs don't really give you time to snap any pics of the tags. One of the gabs had 023 and the other 047 as part of the code.

wrap, tuck, and outer-pocket jackets all in wool gab :drool:

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I could shed some light on the wrap vs tuck difference.

Basically, the wrap iterations have an extra layer of fabric that wraps around the side and is fastened somehow to the front of the pants.

This can be undone so that the extra layer of fabric is free to move around when you do.

If those who have actually handled the collection could chime in as well that would be great.

Unfortunately, no idea of Japanese pricing at the moment. You could shoot Sharpservice an email?

Last edited:

sshum

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense now. The pairs I tried definitely were not the wrap version then. Hide-san seems to have gone MIA these days so need to find a new proxy. But without the actual codes, it's hard to tell the proxy what to look for as there seems to be a few variations of the same pant with different details.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads