• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bsarosi

Reaction score
All of those would look good.

I think the DR70 last makes it a bit more dressy/sharp to my eye compared to eg82 galways, so I’m choosing the patina as the base and suede shaft. Plus I have the Winson in jfj Baker Russian grain in their Galway model so the rugged version is covered for me.

Good point on the last. And curious if folks are going with dainite or leather soles for the Patterson - probably depends on the leather being dressy or rugged.

svf

Reaction score
For anyone commissioning a Patterson, what leather configuration are you going for? I find my feet only tolerates utah if walking the entire day, but I already have the dark brown utah, and as a winter boot I don't think a lighter colour would work as it could get stained, so the other utah is a no go. Museum and Russian calf in general are tougher on my feet, suede gets stained, and I personally don't like grained calf, so that doesn't leave me many options ..... I also already have it the EG doak configuration, so I'm out of ideas...

The pandemic has also made it difficult for Yeossal to expand their leather offerings apparently as per their IG, as their supply chain is taking a long time.

I'm just about to order the Pattersons probably as shown on the webpage with the Utah dark brown grain (since I don't yet have anything in dark brown). I'm going to add a vibram sole for some weatherproofing.

The only thing I'm wavering on is last, wondering if I want the square toe of the SG65. Any thoughts on how this boot would look with that toe? I don't need formality. The most I wear is dress shirt & trousers, no tie, and I'm as likely to wear these with darker jeans. But I wonder if the DR70s are more flexible...

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeossal Linen safari jacket in Mottled brown!!

47E59B4C-2740-42CC-AB82-661F2490E34D.jpeg

rwtc

Reaction score
I'm just about to order the Pattersons probably as shown on the webpage with the Utah dark brown grain (since I don't yet have anything in dark brown). I'm going to add a vibram sole for some weatherproofing.

The only thing I'm wavering on is last, wondering if I want the square toe of the SG65. Any thoughts on how this boot would look with that toe? I don't need formality. The most I wear is dress shirt & trousers, no tie, and I'm as likely to wear these with darker jeans. But I wonder if the DR70s are more flexible...

In my opinion, Galway Pattersons in dark brown Utah is an excellent choice, as Utah leather is buttery soft and you can quite literally walk in them all day long and your toes won't blister. Very comfortable. Even if you get it dirty a bit, no one would see.

I personally would go with a round last on the Pattersons, as I'm just so used to seeing it from years of being conditioned on SF :) I also don't wear Pattersons in work attire but rather as a weekend boot, so it's up to you. But I think a round toe would be more versatile.

rwtc

Reaction score
On another note, Jackson has kindly provided me pictures of the jodhpurs on the modified YSQ last, or the JCY last. I'm quite happy with how this turned out. You can also make new commissions based on this last!

Attachments

• modified_YSQ_1.jpg
    modified_YSQ_1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 170
  • modified_YSQ_2.jpg
    modified_YSQ_2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
On another note, Jackson has kindly provided me pictures of the jodhpurs on the modified YSQ last, or the JCY last. I'm quite happy with how this turned out. You can also make new commissions based on this last!

I think they turned out pretty nice, although I believe Jackson is going to try and enhance it further with some sharper lines and slope at the toe. I inquired to see if the boots have gone into production on the JCY last or if they're going to hold off until the last has been further modified. If our boots are to be made on the current JCY last, I'm probably going to switch to whatever last is shown in the photos for the Somerset (think it's either DR70 or YRB). I think that last really enhances the look of the jodphur. But if Yeossal is holding off production of our JCY jodphurs until the last is further modified, then I'm going to wait to see what the revised JCY last looks like.

bsarosi

Reaction score
On a separate note, I'm still hemming and hawing on the CGMTO Patterson for leather combo (oxblood hatchgrain/grey suede or wine patina/grey suede) and last (YRB, BN7, or DR70). Probably a long shot but anyone have photos of shoes/boots on YRB and BN7 side by side?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting on the Y team on IG to send me real life photos of the suedes I asked for (kudu - olive, brown, and grey suede). Jackson recommended the F width (wide) for the DR70 based on the video I sent him of me wearing/walking in my SG65 E width derbies.

As soon as I decide the suede color, my Patterson order will be ready to go. I'm doing misty brown patina base, suede shaft, and metal taps, and lasted trees.

rwtc

Reaction score

bsarosi

Reaction score
Would folks say that the YRB last is closest to the EG 82 last? I own a pair of EG Galways on 82 that I'm trying to replicate with the Patterson but with different materials.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Yeossal has been teasing boot photos lately with several styles including their own Galway that I’m calling the Yeolway lol.

Went to their site to start thinking about what last and leather combinations I want for that boot.

And lo and behold they have the collection group order up and running for boots.

Boot CGO

yowza! Those are nice! Anyone else getting in on this before it closes next week? I’m thinking seriously about the Dempsey boot, very handsome

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought yeossal drop official affiliate, never realize they came back, subbed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads