• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

bsarosi

Reaction score
@PeeCeeBee - not sure if @jacksomeister is away but please let him know to check his DM here on SF. I sent him a message a couple days ago and haven't heard back. Not an emergency but there was a request in the DM for a comparison of patina leathers. Thanks

Evacipator

Reaction score
Hi,

You can refer to the size chart for the safari jacket length and sleeve length as default.
Also you can measure the sleeve length from shoulder seam down to the cuff as shown in the picture below.

View attachment 1387909

View attachment 1387910

Ah, thank you - I couldn't spot the sizing link the other night. The Large seems probably correct for me overall, but as I suspected, I think I would want a relatively shorter jacket, so my concern is whether it can be made as short as I would require without throwing off the overall balance.

How short do you think it is feasible to go? If I specified something closer to a 27" length (my regular suit jacket length), would that still allow the general features (pockets, button stance, waist) to be kept proportional, or is the design simply made to be longer?

Thanks again.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@PeeCeeBee - not sure if @jacksomeister is away but please let him know to check his DM here on SF. I sent him a message a couple days ago and haven't heard back. Not an emergency but there was a request in the DM for a comparison of patina leathers. Thanks
Hi @bsarosi I already replied your DM you sent yesterday morning ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so what's the difference between

and

both are wide lapel, so is the urban version has "flat" lapel while the jungle version slope down?

Evacipator

Reaction score
so looks like if I'm typically 36S in suit I should go for S then (no layering, just shirt under)?

My understanding is that an M would be more appropriate - I'm leaning towards taking L (after tossing up between M and L), as someone who until recently took 36S and now takes more like 38S.

I understand that this is because those measurements are of the jackets themselves, not the human measurements as you might take to determine a jacket size normally (i.e. if your chest measures 36" then you take a 36 jacket, but the jacket will actually measure larger than 36"). Hopefully this is helpful; I am also responding to clarify my own understanding too though.

Evacipator

Reaction score
so what's the difference between

and

both are wide lapel, so is the urban version has "flat" lapel while the jungle version slope down?

For that one you want to focus on the difference between the pockets.

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Any chance for similarily arrowed pic for trousers?

wow safaris are small! 19inch shoulder for XXl!

Yes we do. Please refer to below.

1589381765951.png

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Ah, thank you - I couldn't spot the sizing link the other night. The Large seems probably correct for me overall, but as I suspected, I think I would want a relatively shorter jacket, so my concern is whether it can be made as short as I would require without throwing off the overall balance.

How short do you think it is feasible to go? If I specified something closer to a 27" length (my regular suit jacket length), would that still allow the general features (pockets, button stance, waist) to be kept proportional, or is the design simply made to be longer?

Thanks again.

Hi, 27" for a L size maybe a tad short. We recommend you to consider 28-28.5" for jacket length.
We will adjust the pockets, button stance etc accordingly.

Evacipator

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. I've just placed an order for the L at length 28 and sleeve length 22.5, so hopefully that works out.

Unfortunately the shoes I was looking at aren't available in my size (the half size down was tempting, just in case!) so I won't be able to take advantage of the promo this time. Maybe the next one.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Yeossal community,
One of the hardest decisions that I have to make since the establishment of Yeossal is to announce that we are moving away from SF for the time being. We are reconsolidating our resources to focus on touch points that we feel we are in a better position to serve our customers better. It has been an incredible journey since 2018 here on SF for @PeeCeeBee and me. We feel so privileged to be able to interact with all of you in this affiliate vendor thread so a big thank you to everyone!

Yeossal is still in business, and growing - thanks to the support from many customers around the world. We are continuing to innovate and deliver quality products to all of our customers. Even though we are moving away from SF, we look forward to engage with all of you through our other channels, be it answering questions you may have with our products, discussing new product ideas or even a chit chat to talk about anything within the industry :)

We will be ceasing the support of this thread from Sun, 17 May 2020. This is not a farewell by any means. We hope to be back here on SF one day, hopefully sooner than later.

Please contact our Customer Care team ([email protected]) if you need help with a product or order. Do also connect with us on our social media Instagram and Facebook for updates.

Lastly I wish to give a big thank-you to @LA Guy and his SF team for the fantastic support over the past 1.5 years - much appreciated.

Keep well and stay safe everyone!

Best wishes,
Everyone from the Yeossal team

rwtc

Reaction score
It is sad to see the Yeossal team leave. You guys are one of my three favourite vendors. All your products are all so thoughtfully & artfully designed, while letting your clients be creative.

For example, the trousers. The cut is just phenomenal. In addition, you allow for so many different types of waistbands. The fabrics are as well very high quality, which makes this a fanstatic value proposition.

I truly believe that you guys have the best in-house shoes & MTO program, bar none. For example, if all your shoes had that step - it is 100% indistinguishable from bespoke, combined with handwelting and the super narrow waist. The degree at which you allow the client to customize is absolutely amazing! I will definitely be placing more orders in the future.

I am following you guys on Instagram and truly hope that everything works out for you all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads