• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
That bomber is nice, I'm no expert but it look like it might be RLBL?
xmen-intro.jpg

RLBL wasn't around back then. Oh wait movie is probably not accurate in those terms either.

Sharpe

Reaction score
What exact sunglasses is Fassbender wearing in the above pictures?

Looks like the rayban clubmaster, except it isn't. Just a similar style...

Any ideas what it could be?

M3GATRON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpe
What exact sunglasses is Fassbender wearing in the above pictures?

Looks like the rayban clubmaster, except it isn't. Just a similar style...

Any ideas what it could be?

I need more info on the sunglasses also! But I think one pair of glasses worn by someone in the movie are a pair of oliver peoples Bernardo's

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
banshee is such a *****. and hard to look at, too. fugly.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just saw it. a lot of fun, but incongouous non 60s wardrobe bothered me, as did the teenage dominatrix female angel.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah what was up with the angel character. Totally unnecessary. I guess they figured they needed another "girl" mutant but she basically served no purpose. The Logan moment was pretty great. Overall I was entertained and have no real complaints. I wonder if they'll try to do a sequel in the same universe. If it's built around what that one did well (ie, Eric and Charles) it has a chance.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.

vaalbara

Reaction score
saw the movie yesterday, enjoyed it despite all the weird incongruities + continuity errors.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to throw in my own thoughts on the film. Solid effort though like some others have said here, would probably have been way better if the story focused more on magneto and xavier's friendship an relationship developing over a longer period of time. I also feel all the Xmen were wastes of space for the most part and White Queen was just horrible for the most part (that might be the comic geek part of me looking for Emma Frost instead of the psychic eye candy we got given). My main issue with Shaw's death has to do with the energy he absorbed before he was frozen by Xavier. It had to go somewhere even if he lost his powers. Hell, there should have been some sort of explosion or other form of violent energy release once he died. This is just basic physics. things lime that drive me nuts. I really liked fassbender, mcavoy and bacon. Bacon really got the whole feel of Sebastian Shaw for me. Epic facial hair aside
smile.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i too just saw the flick and will use our good friend Ivwri as a platform to voice my thoughts

Originally Posted by Ivwri
Just to throw in my own thoughts on the film.

Solid effort though like some others have said here, would probably have been way better if the story focused more on magneto and xavier's friendship an relationship developing over a longer period of time.

that would have been nice, but i think the message comes accross without the film getting too long. i felt that it really did not drag which is very important imo.

I also feel all the Xmen were wastes of space for the most part and White Queen was just horrible for the most part (that might be the comic geek part of me looking for Emma Frost instead of the psychic eye candy we got given).
every film needs a supporting cast, someone to kill off and someone to provide lighter moments. it exists in almost all films. a entire movie with nothing but the same faces gets old. need some releif.

My main issue with Shaw's death has to do with the energy he absorbed before he was frozen by Xavier. It had to go somewhere even if he lost his powers. Hell, there should have been some sort of explosion or other form of violent energy release once he died. This is just basic physics. things lime that drive me nuts.
well as his body died all the energy absorbed within it died as well, this is part of his mutation. oooooooooooor its just a comic book movie not a scientifically accurate physics lesson. basic or advanced.

I really liked fassbender, mcavoy and bacon. Bacon really got the whole feel of Sebastian Shaw for me. Epic facial hair aside
smile.gif
+1

all in all i liked it a lot. but then again i was also skipping work so that makes everything better.
devil.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from watching it and I really enjoyed it.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was average. I would say it was more good than bad, but only just.

CGI, acting, direction, and character history was good.

Some acting, lol/wtf moments, plot, and dialogue was bad.

I didn't want to leave; I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't buy it.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKJTG
Charles has a shawl sweater on for a goo.d portion of the movie that looked pretty good too

Indeed.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Yeah what was up with the angel character. Totally unnecessary. I guess they figured they needed another "girl" mutant but she basically served no purpose. The Logan moment was pretty great. Overall I was entertained and have no real complaints. I wonder if they'll try to do a sequel in the same universe. If it's built around what that one did well (ie, Eric and Charles) it has a chance.

I hear they want to make it a trilogy, which is odd considering how the movie ended. They pretty much tied up each character's story, left nothing open-ended, and made it seem like it would transition into the original movies.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
I hear they want to make it a trilogy, which is odd considering how the movie ended. They pretty much tied up each character's story, left nothing open-ended, and made it seem like it would transition into the original movies.

They could follow the development of the current X-men, i.e. finding and training Storm, Cyclops, etc.

What was the so-called Basic Instinct moment btw? I obviously missed it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics