X-Men: FIrst Class (movie thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well, from the most aniticipated (Batman[​IMG]KR) to the most likely to fail, X-Men First Class is set to come out June 3, 2011. Here's the first set of pics.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Magneto, Moira McTaggert, Emma Frost, Azazel, Beast, Alex Summers, Angel Salvatore, Mystique, Charles Xavier

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At least January Jones is in it, most likely to wear something really provocative.

[​IMG]

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

More like Economy class. LOLcopterz. Seriously though, it can't be worse that Wolverine: Originzzzzzzzzz.

3. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

More like Economy class. LOLcopterz.

Seriously though, it can't be worse that Wolverine: Originzzzzzzzzz.

Despite Wolverine being one of my favs from Marvel, I haven't watched that movie yet... too scared to see what they did to him. (I saw the pics of Deadpool....my favourite, and that scares me off...)

This looks like a parody movie. The costumes are laughable, and the actors look like...well actors...not the characters they're suppose to play. It's like were look at them as good looking people dressed up in costumes, rather than the actual hero.

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Was waiting for you to make this thread, RFX, lol. Now go make a Spiderman reboot thread! Bigger pic via: [​IMG]
    My look is very different from the guy in the comic books. We decided pretty early on that that was not going to translate to film. But there’s a certain kind of style to the suits that I wear, but I don’t have anything extreme in the makeup department. When you first meet me — I don’t want to spoil it — but when you first meet me, I look a little different.
    He’s referring to the fact that the classic version of Shaw is stocky, with large mutton chops and a bow-tied pony tail, and slightly baroque gentleman’s garb. The actor adds more detail:
    There are also some good comments from the actor about the scope and timeline of the film. We previously had some of these details via reports from a crew member, but Fox sent out a cease and desist, so we took down that info. But with Kevin Bacon explaining it, we’re free to run the info. So here you go:
    And, yes, as is so often the case with a studio film like this, Kevin Bacon is signed for more than one film, which tells us only that Shaw is likely to live through this movie. Finally, here’s what Michael Fassbender told MSN about the film’s costumes:

5. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I think the Spiderman Reboot has a chance of being good. At least hopefully it will remove all memory of Venom and the symbiote suit........ what a cluster-fuck of crap that was.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Was waiting for you to make this thread, RFX, lol. Now go make a Spiderman reboot thread!

[​IMG]
    In due time...

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

apparently, that FAIL of a cast photo was not approved by anyone.

Per the director:
    The idea of the guy who made kick-ass (great movie) doing a 60's era x-men re-boot sounds kinda cool. The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the light speed production schedule...they're still filming and this thing is due out in June?!!?

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I read Jon Hamm filmed a cameo as Don Draper.

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

.they're still filming and this thing is due out in June?!!?

Such a timeline is a little aggressive, but certainly not out of the ordinary.

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Such a timeline is a little aggressive, but certainly not out of the ordinary.

True...but not for a film of this size. The quotes from the actors/director kind of shine a light on the speed at which they're moving.

January Jones:
    Director Matthew Vaughn

11. inq89

inq89 Senior member

I would watch it just for the Bacon.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Higher res pic of the characters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

14. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

It looks awful from that pic. Hopefully it's not true.

I just want to see Beast. He's so awesome.

15. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior member

I'm still waiting for Angela Bassett as Storm and Estella Warren as Rogue.