• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This looks nice great! Price point? And this will be quarter-lined, correct? Whill the cut be the same as the prior Bella Spella? The shoulders and lapels looked great, but I noticed that the jacket length was very short in the prior Bella Spella.

These new Bella Spalla are going to be $325. Only the sleeves will be lined and the make and model is improved from the previous test run of the black Bella Spalla jackets (yes, these will be longer) but we've also narrowed the lapels by popular demand (even though I personally liked the wider lapels).

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben which ones are the summer fabric? It's getting pretty hot here.

Only the two navy hopsack fabrics are light weight. I'd say the wool/cotton/silk Barbera can also be worn in the spring warmer weather as it is an open weave and is 310 grams. Unfortunately two of my other lighter weight selections got canceled because the fabrics were unavailable/sold. But if these prove to do well we will be producing more of these quite regularly as they'll have an 8-10 week turnaround time.

As always I not only welcome but rely on your feedback, both positive and negative/constructive. Thanks guys!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The darker navy is 95% wool 5% cashmere and the other is 97% wool 3% cashmere (from Bower Roebuck - England). Both are 300 grams.

scatterbrain

Reaction score

These new Bella Spalla are going to be $325. Only the sleeves will be lined and the make and model is improved from the previous test run of the black Bella Spalla jackets (yes, these will be longer) but we've also narrowed the lapels by popular demand (even though I personally liked the wider lapels).

I liked the wider ones, too. But I would be equally satisfied with medium wide. What width did you choose?

gimmeabreak

Reaction score
Hm, I just noticed the bit about the lapels being narrower on the Bella Spalla. How wide are they exactly now?
I hate narrow lapels and I was really looking forward to something wider :(.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I liked the wider ones, too. But I would be equally satisfied with medium wide. What width did you choose?

Same as current Classico II width, which is 8 cm (a little over 3") so really a classic width - not wide or narrow.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that SC... Was almost about to get it but noticed it first in about Feb. Would be a nice fall coat I feel.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do I detect the lapels are wider on the Basil green melange jackets compared to other Benjamin or Lardini sport coats? Also, are the shoulders unconstructed? Many thanks for your help!

http://ehaberdasher.com/index.php/new-arrivals/benjamin-sport-coat-38r-6.html

Yes indeed those are fractionally wider (1cm). Shoulders are lightly structured - slightly lighter than the Classico II. More importantly those few of you who had slight issues with collar gap and/or sleeve pitch and/or shoulder dimples should see an improvement in these areas.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I love that SC...  Was almost about to get it but noticed it first in about Feb.   Would be a nice fall coat I feel.

It's actually surprisingly light. I wore the same in blue yesterday here in London when it was about 64 degrees.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdp