• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would You Ever Date A Lesbian

Wings_2006

Reaction score
I was in Block Buster in Alexandria last night and I overheard two employees talking. The one chick was telling the other about her lesbian girlfriend and how she had told her girlfriend that she was interested in dating guys again. I'm gathering fom the conversation that the two had been a couple for quite some time.

So my question is: if you met this girl, liked her, and then found out she had been in a past lesbian relationship, would you continue dating her? Would her past sexual orientation turn you on or off?

Claire

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nest.gif

I am going to refrain from the obvious joke at the expense of one of our members.

To answer the question, I think it's hard to convert someone to your team after they've been playing for the other side.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course I wouldn't care, and in all reality, most guys would be turned on by the fact that a chick did it with another chick, since it brings new possibilities to the dynamics of the bedroom.

Jon.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wings_2006
I was in Block Buster in Alexandria last night and I overheard two employees talking. The one chick was telling the other about her lesbian girlfriend and how she had told her girlfriend that she was interested in dating guys again. I'm gathering fom the conversation that the two had been a couple for quite some time.

So my question is: if you met this girl, liked her, and then found out she had been in a past lesbian relationship, would you continue dating her? Would her past sexual orientation turn you on or off?

Claire

Everyone already knows my answer :p

The problem is it's rather difficult to tell whether she's a true lesbian, bi-sexual, or basically straight but just experimenting. You could be setting yourself for heartbreak but then that's true of any relationship.

I asked one out knowing fully well that she was a lesbian. She was so cool and so beautiful (ex-model) that I figured it was worth a shot. It turned-out she's wasn't bi, but a hardcore lesbian. It was a bit confusing for me at first b/c she was always complementing me and she accepted my invitations to go out without hesitation. She's still one of the coolest chicks i've ever met and we're friends to this day.

I'll give you her take thuogh. She doesn't like to date other women that are bi-sexual because she's looking for a LTR/marriage. She's worried that a girl that's bi will go back to men b/c it's the normal thing to do and it makes raising kids easier. This did in fact happen to her, so now she only dates self-confessed "real" lesbians.

Based on that, I think i'd date one, but i'd have reservations about marrying one b/c you'd never really know and that's a rather consequential variable.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
nest.gif

I am going to refrain from the obvious joke at the expense of one of our members.

To answer the question, I think it's hard to convert someone to your team after they've been playing for the other side.

appreciated!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no problem at all - I have dated 2 lesbians. I don't know if I would date a girl that I was really interested in a long term relationship, but just for fun, sure.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I was asked out once by a lesbian. I didn't know she was one at the time. I knew she had been with other girls before so I figured she was just bisexual. We ended up going out for about a month then I broke things off with her because she wouldn't ******** with me. She claimed she was saving herself for marriage and, at the age of 20, scared me off pretty quickly. Other than that, she was a lot of fun to go out with. We are really good friends now.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pseudo-dated/hooked-up with a lesbian for a three-week period about two years ago.

She hadn't been with a man in a long time, and said it was a welcome change (novelty?), but in the end she was just more into women.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
no problem at all - I have dated 2 lesbians. I don't know if I would date a girl that I was really interested in a long term relationship, but just for fun, sure.

+1.

I date for fun, for friendship, or for a potential long-term relationship. With a lesbian, the latter is obviously out of the question, but I would date a lesbian for the first 2 reasons.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
One of my former girlfriends had been lesbian before meeting me. She was quite a good-looking girl, but her girlfriend didn't have the same range of options, so to speak. I met her a few times, and she did her best to be civil but it was clear she resented hell out of me.

A year with that girl was all I could stand and I jumped ship for my first Japanese girl, who as a real eye opener. Lesbians aren't all they're cracked up to be.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. I'm no longer in the dating scene but if I was (and I was) I would NEVER date a lesbian. Why waste my time? If a lesbian wants to be friends, fine. But I'm not gonna date friends. Totally illogical and self-defeating to date someone I have absolutely no romantic chance with. In a word, futile. And, I hate futility.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dated a lesbian once for about 3 years (yeah years) I ended up getting sick of her and she flew back east to cheat on me with some chick she met online

shortly after (like NR) I dated my first Japanese chick, I agree whole heartedly with Red.

That is all

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads