• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

world cup ruins my life

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've taken leave from my regular job to watch every single game, visit bars to discuss such games, and go home to log on forum to further discuss the games some more. Anyone here sorta like this? I have so much money invested in a few teams that have just let me down. I feel like I should be in S. Africa right now to slap some sense into these players.
cheers.gif

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're losing income to watch games on TV? Why not just spend the money to watch them in person instead? I am sure you can gamble in South Africa too.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
You're losing income to watch games on TV? Why not just spend the money to watch them in person instead? I am sure you can gamble in South Africa too.

I'm too lazy to make the trip...It was a long time in the planning but things didn't work out with my cousins. But this summer has turned out to be very sweet.
cheers.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I am watching all the games myself. For me the problems is when my teams ( USA and Italy) play bad or lose I am in a shittty mood for the remainder of the day or next. This is not a good thing and I am not sure why it effects me like this. I don't gamble. Nothing is really on the line but for some reason this world cup has me going crazy.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took the day off to watch the US vs England game... then again I work retail so I really don't give a ****.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
you guys take days off to watch games? wow, unheard of for me. not that im saying that is wrong, i just never thought of that. next time maybe ill do that when the lakers playoffs begin at 7 in the morning!

I will be arriving to work on Wednesday around 9 AM instead of 8 AM. The US game is from 7 AM to about 9 AM. Today starting at 11:30 AM I will watch the first half of the game on my phone and then go somewhere to watch the second half for lunch. Once the knockout rounds begin, I'll be taking many long lunches.

Treen

Reaction score
This is why I'm glad that I'm freelancing... I can work whenever I want. Thankfully, the games are all at reasonable times, unlike Japan/South Korea 02, which really messed up my sleeping.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Treen
This is why I'm glad that I'm freelancing... I can work whenever I want. Thankfully, the games are all at reasonable times, unlike Japan/South Korea 02, which really messed up my sleeping.

yeah like 06. i wake up at dawn with screaming coming from the living room and it's my wife yelling at the tv screen with the volume down. what's the point of having the volume down if youre going to scream??
confused.gif
lol8[1].gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah like 06. i wake up at dawn with screaming coming from the living room and it's my wife yelling at the tv screen with the volume down. what's the point of having the volume down if youre going to scream??
confused.gif
lol8[1].gif

To wake you up
bounce2.gif

When you've made a bet on David Villa being the leading goal scorer for the World Cup (albeit just a $5 bet online) you're pretty happy when he scores his second goal. I watched the second half at home. When he misses a penalty kick the
bounce2.gif
goes to
plain.gif
. When he gets a few more golden opportunities to score and doesn't come through the
plain.gif
goes to
facepalm.gif
to
ffffuuuu.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
To wake you up
bounce2.gif

When you've made a bet on David Villa being the leading goal scorer for the World Cup (albeit just a $5 bet online) you're pretty happy when he scores his second goal. I watched the second half at home. When he misses a penalty kick the
bounce2.gif
goes to
plain.gif
. When he gets a few more golden opportunities to score and doesn't come through the
plain.gif
goes to
facepalm.gif
to
ffffuuuu.gif

i guess one has to make multiple bets on these soccer games as theyre the most boring sports games around to watch.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess one has to make multiple bets on these soccer games as theyre the most boring sports games around to watch.

plain.gif
GRRRRRR!!!!!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took leave to watch EVERY game....Can you say "L"!

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theyre more boring than watching golf!!!

First off, no they're not. But I also enjoy watching soccer when it's not the World Cup as well (EPL, Serie A, Liga BBVA, etc., no MLS).

Secondly, I also like to watch golf from time to time.
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads