Where is your style going?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Superb0bo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Don't give a fuck phase: spring->summer->fall in LA is all Tshirt weather so I'm just wearing plain T's or light button down with jeans.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Im doing my usual trad/americana/japworkwear thing. Main thing is that i have stopped thrifting, and gotten more lazy over all. Bought 2 pairs of chunky alfred sargent shoes in the last couple of months though, good stuff.

3. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Right now it's military repro/inspired jackets with a pair of straight leg or stove-pipe jeans for me.

4. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Honestly, I've been bumming around in the same stuff for the last few months. Other than a few key pieces that I still really want, I would say that wardrobe is complete and I have no desire to really buy anything (although really looking forward to my TOJ MA-1)

This summer I have pretty much been in jeans, v necks, and sneakers. I am doing an internship with a judge, so for a while I had to dress it up. Now because I am mostly in an office just working on cases, I am dressing real casual.

Some of the things I do plan to buy:
    -Seiko Diver
    -Either an apolis activism filson briefcase or whatever leather bag ToJ comes out with
    -I want a pair of GATs since my pair fell apart. I'm thinking I might just splurge on MMM, but I only want the classic white with grey suede trim.
    -Uniqlo +J button downs (fit me really well) or maybe some nice outerwear, although i don't really need anymore.

5. nomad

nomad Senior member

right now w+h u necks, lvc 47's and sneaks or white bucks.

6. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

boat neck hippy shirts a beard and a general disregard.

7. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Honestly I am not going to be able to afford anything (even AA, Uniqlo, etc.) for the next couple of months, going to be wearing cords/raw jeans, chucks/chelsea boots, and v-neck/self-tailored button-down until at least February. No way I can afford a cello if I'm buying Dior left and right.

Ideally, I'd like to get a rotation going of my favorite shoes (All-Stars, wingtips, and beatle boots w/heel), up my suit game with MTM, and throw on some paisleys, florals, and other prints. I bike everywhere when I'm at school, and I think MTM corduroy suit + silk floral scarf + white shirt + chucks on a bicycle would make me feel like an extreme badass.

8. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

no direction at all. Buy sick shit when I can find it, fill wardrobe holes when they appear. everything comes together in a way, has worked better for me than taking things in any deliberate direction. always a trusting your instincts concept.

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Towards more stuff I truly like/want that I won't end up selling in a month. Setting goals for items I need instead of impulse buys

10. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Only buying runway shit now. If I ponder all my past regrettable buys, they're always cheap. Less RO drapey style, (not able to pull off, being honest here) more stuff with interesting design but won't look embarrassingly bad in a year.

11. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

Where is my style going? Backwards.

Working from home recently so I've been wearing the same singlet and boxers for 3 days straight now. I'd get dressed to go outside but A) it's too friggin' hot in the city, and B) I couldn't be farked. Pathetic really...

Sad thing is that there's loads and loads of stuff in my closet that hasn't even been worn yet cause it's easier to get delivery than to get dressed and go outside. Ugh.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

you're fucking disgusting

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Only buying runway shit now. If I ponder all my past regrettable buys, they're always cheap. Less RO drapey style, (not able to pull off, being honest here) more stuff with interesting design but won't look embarrassingly bad in a year.

This is kind of where I'm at, only I AM impulse buying shit. I seriously see something that looks good, and I'm like, what the fuck, that thing is awesome, and I want it. I want a leather, since I don't have one, I want some long, slim tanks (RO, OV, whatever) because I'm fucking miserable in anything with sleeves, I want some crazy-ass trousers, and probably will not stop buying sneakers forever. Can't think of anything else I need, just going to destroy shit I own in an attempt to make it look interesting on the cheap. Fall is going to be nuts though; need a totally new wardrobe.

14. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

you're fucking disgusting

Coming from an angry tranny...

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Coming from an angry tranny...
    wow dude you're able to read. impressive. seriously though change your fucking underwear, are you four years old