Where is your style going?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Superb0bo, Feb 12, 2008.

1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Coming from an angry tranny...

you're the first person to ever say this. you must be some type of genius.

2. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

wow dude you're able to read. impressive.

seriously though change your fucking underwear, are you four years old

Take it easy dudes.

3. RSS

RSS Senior member

Where is my style going?

It has pretty much stayed put for the last thirty years or so.

4. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Where is my style going? It has pretty much stayed put for the last thirty years or so.
    Timeless. Classic.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Take it easy dudes.

on a scale of 1-10 how strong is the scent of smegma that permeates where ever you step?

6. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

on a scale of 1-10 how strong is the scent of smegma that permeates where ever you step?

I just had to look up 'smegma'. Totally awesome - I'll definitely be using that tomorrow. You learn something new every day. [​IMG]

7. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

this is making me rethink my desire for one of these refrigerators... [​IMG] on topic It is perpetually in limbo. I have a hard time determining what and when to spend (see title) and tend to end up with uninformed, impulsive, or just plain BAD purchases. I am moving to RURAL Nebraska, so the things my style gravitate toward will be thrown off I'm sure.I am hoping it will serve as a catalyst of sorts. The lack of thrifting,and available shopping (I hope) will allow,and also force me to shop online which should ensure better,more thought out purchases. I've already begun to re-lurk the first 2 waywt threads. re-figuring out the things I like. I don't want a 'uniform', but I'd like to have a sense of items that are 'staples' so my decisions are confined to colors/patterns/et cetera as opposed to what cut of pant, or how many buttons on a jacket, or how wide i want a tie. I need to make the bigger decisions, so the smaller decisions can be less calculated. I feel like my purchases now involve too many 'ifs', this will work if i get this other thing I don't already have, or if i tailor this. Its this perpetual imperfection forced by me using thrift store shopping as some silly form of retail therapy. I have jeans figured out, but thats the only thing I am confident in. I haven't really graduated from 'boy' to 'man' as far as a wardrobe. I felt as though I made a lot of purchases that would last,and were going to be wardrobe staples only to realize they were either trend or simply not me. I think I also tried to pidgeonhole my style far too much. I like the mil surp/workwear aesthetic as far as colors/fabrics... but I've got to go after tailored pieces. You're just not going to find that cut at a thrift store. I've gotten the occasional good piece... but chambray workshirts that aren't tailored only look good on SuFu guys who are super commited to that aesthetic and wear it day in-day out. I don't want a day-in, day-out wardrobe. I want wiggle room. I feel like I tend to 'catch-on' to things as they are dying. I suppose that might have something to do with how fucking cheap I am, but also (as chrono put it) the lack of hustle I put in to achieving any progress or pursuing desired stuff online or from individuals at risk of them being slightly off. ( I guess what I mean is, being too afraid of shitting not fitting right to use B&S and ebay) I am 25, so there's a desire to not give a shit about clothes, but i'm 25 and grew up in a consumerist society so I also desire to look good and I care to some degree about clothes. I suck at most all of the things I should be doing to improve my style right now though. so, forming new purchasing habits is where my style is headed at the moment.

8. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

From very casual to more traditional/modern traditional....

Casual.............................................. Formal
    <---I------------------------------------------>

Still dressing badly, but slowly adding quality items that improve my look. Moving to more formal away from my ultra casual look of, just rolled out of the bed.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

wow dude you're able to read. impressive. seriously though change your fucking underwear, are you four years old
    I think 3 days is lot, but the fact that this bothers you so much is a bigger problem IMO

10. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

My wardrobe seems to be culminating into two areas -

Dries, Ervell, Agnes B, some Raf when I feel like dressing like an adult.

Various CDG and Ralph Lauren lines when I want to dress more casual / prep? To my surprise, I've even picked up a couple of things from low-level streetwear brands (Obey! Alife!) recently that I thought were good for the price.

11. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I finally said to hell with it a while back and have worn cheap t-shirt/busted Nudies/non-baller sneakers all summer. Half the time the t-shirt is a white v-neck from a plastic bag of 3. Sometimes I vary things with a Western shirt, black Ropers or DBs, cords, or something relatively tame by SF standards.

Everything fits, and obviously I add layers in autumn and winter, but nothing exciting, which is why I rarely post anymore. I just don't have a lot to contribute. However, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, and the Nudies look pretty gnarly after 4 years.

12. LMcArthur

LMcArthur New Member

Winter is coming and the puffy coats are coming on!

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Oversized knits ftw. That is all.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Fuller cut trousers. Let's see if my lanky ass can pull it off.

15. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Fuller cut trousers. Let's see if my lanky ass can pull it off.

^^Good step. Key is not being short...

Personally I seem to move towards slimmer pants, or atleast mix it up a bit. Just got some our legacy chinos...