• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you go to get your hair cut?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Vouge, Laguna Beach CA

Some might remember it as "Moxie for Men"

gabo

Reaction score
i got my haircut for 5$ or 250 pesos in a salon and 1$ in a barbershop I live in the philippinese

dare-

Reaction score
I usually go to the 7.99 place on the drag. When I went to the 13 dollar place by the HEB, it was total ****.

Hanseat

Reaction score
I pay 15 Euros for a dry haircut at a barber I went to since I was 14.

He uses a straight razor for the side buns and the back of the neck to get a perfectly smooth result there. Otherwise it's clippers and a nice chat about politics or other current events.
Very traditional place frequented by a lot of businessmen but really great (plus he doesn't have any crappy women's magazines for the wait- political magazines, some tech, playboy). I don't see spending more than that though I went to a salon once (got a nice freshly presses orange juice and the stylist wanted to talk me into all kinds of thing- that's not worth the upcharge though IMHO).

manifest v

Reaction score
So I've lived in L.A. now for a year and I just recently cut my hair for the first time with a razor (and ended up breaking the motor). I'm gonna chill with my 98% finished buzz cut for a bit (or shave it all off). But once the winter comes along I'm thinking of hitting up a salon. It'll be my first time doing this in L.A.

I'm scared though because my filipino hair is thick/wavy and most stylists don't know what to do with it. My sisters have had a terrible time, and just resort to straightening it, going for the "emo"/east asian style straight layers with uneven bangs. It looks excellent for the a week or so but eventually reverts back. I've avoided it for most of my life by just buzzing it off but this winter I want a longer style. Anyone know some barbers/stylists that can mess with my hair some?

I live and travel between the Westwood and Koreatown areas of L.A. I go to Chinatown once a week as well.

Pantalaimon

Reaction score
I've never been satisfied with the quality of cuts I get from barbers, I find that it's usually hit or miss. I have rather thick hair with an unruly cowlick which limits my hairstyles to medium-long in length and demands a fairly knowledgeable stylist.

The salon I go to runs about $30 with $5 tip, and they always do a fantastic job. I'm actually friends with the owner so monthly haircuts are free.
smile.gif

BayArea

Reaction score
i go to supercuts which is a big chain barber shop. its different every time and i dont really like it but after a week or two i got enough hair to style it into something i like. its $14 for a cut.

Mutant Hairs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by manifest v
So I've lived in L.A. now for a year and I just recently cut my hair for the first time with a razor (and ended up breaking the motor). I'm gonna chill with my 98% finished buzz cut for a bit (or shave it all off). But once the winter comes along I'm thinking of hitting up a salon. It'll be my first time doing this in L.A.

I'm scared though because my filipino hair is thick/wavy and most stylists don't know what to do with it. My sisters have had a terrible time, and just resort to straightening it, going for the "emo"/east asian style straight layers with uneven bangs. It looks excellent for the a week or so but eventually reverts back. I've avoided it for most of my life by just buzzing it off but this winter I want a longer style. Anyone know some barbers/stylists that can mess with my hair some?

I live and travel between the Westwood and Koreatown areas of L.A. I go to Chinatown once a week as well.

I used to go to Shorty's Barbershop in West Hollywood and Rudy's in Silver Lake. I've had pretty good cuts at pretty decent prices. Shorty's used to be about $16, and Rudy's cost $19 or $21.

My Chinese hair has not given any problems to any of the barbers/stylists or their equipment.

It's been a while since I've been to either of these establsihments (each shop does have more than one location in the L.A. area), so you might want to find the one closest to you.

Now if only I could find similar barbershops in North Orange County.

P.S. Go early or call to get on the list.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago-Truefitt & Hill
NYC- Esquires
Miami Beach- Agua

manifest v

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mutant Hairs
I used to go to Shorty's Barbershop in West Hollywood and Rudy's in Silver Lake. I've had pretty good cuts at pretty decent prices. Shorty's used to be about $16, and Rudy's cost $19 or $21.

My Chinese hair has not given any problems to any of the barbers/stylists or their equipment.

It's been a while since I've been to either of these establsihments (each shop does have more than one location in the L.A. area), so you might want to find the one closest to you.

Now if only I could find similar barbershops in North Orange County.

P.S. Go early or call to get on the list.

Thanks bro. What kind of cuts? I went to NY one time and got made hella fun of for bringing in a picture of a cool messy mohawk at a no-frills barber shop in New York... "This is New Yawk kid, I'mma give you a good cut, trust me!"... they gave me a more neat no-frills buzzed one instead, I was happy and learned my lesson. I still want a more "styled" look though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads