• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will have your card number in the computer if you want to use it now.

Yes, I just called them and they said that they could do that. Unfortunately, the 15% first purchase can't be stacked on with the 30% corporate member discount.

jp4266

Reaction score
I would like to pick up a couple of things but can't go today. Does anyone know what the discounts will be like for the father's day sale?

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would like to pick up a couple of things but can't go today. Does anyone know what the discounts will be like for the father's day sale?

I don't remember what the father's day sale is like, but I don't think it will be as good, unless it is like the post-holiday sale.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you want Shell Cordovan shoes definitely check out ebay.  I have scored three pairs of Allen Edmonds' shell cordovans from different sellers in the past four weeks.  All are in not-even-broken-in-yet condition (see the pictures) and the winning bids ranged from $84 to $120.  The bluchers are AE's Leeds model, the tassels are Graysons, and the pinch penny's are Randolphs - all currently selling for nearly $600.

Where are you getting these good deals? Whenever I check eBay its full of crap...

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, can stack the 15% with the 30%.

Sign up now and they'll give you a temporary number you can use online (and maybe in store?).

I had done this last week, threw out my temp number cause I was going to cancel the card, but now wish I hadn't. My card hasn't come in the mail either.

Oh well, I'm going to utilize the sale now and use the card when the Father day sale comes around.
You can stack the 15% corp. discount with the 30% off sale? They typically never stack BB sale with the corp discount.

urfloormatt

Reaction score
I don't remember what the father's day sale is like, but I don't think it will be as good, unless it is like the post-holiday sale.
Probably just 25% off, though the structure of their sales have changed, I think, since they upped prices.

The summer version of the semi-annual sale is coming soon as well.

rmckee47

Reaction score
Go to Men's Shoes on ebay and enter Shell Cordovan and your size. After the three pair of Allen Edmonds I got, which were practically new, on Saturday I "won" a pair of 30 year old Florsheim Shell Cordovan tassel loafers for the opening bid of $0.99. They arrived on Monday and were hardly worn - original soles and heels, beautiful patina. I just picked them up from the Cobbler Shop, where I brought them Monday to have the insoles replaced so they'll mold to my foot. (He removed the insole and the cork and replaced the cork with neoprene and fashioned a new leather insole for $15.) I've had pretty good luck on ebay.

rmckee47

Reaction score
Don't know why your seeing crap on ebay. They have lots of search filters to avoid that. Use the filters, look often, select shoes in great condition, ask questions of the sellers, drop them if they don't answer and, most importantly, know what the shoe is worth and figure out what you are willing to pay. I bid 30% of original list for a shoe in excellent condition. I bid that amount 20 seconds before the auction ends.

If I lose, fine, but that does not happen very often. I've purchased 14 pairs of AE and Alden shoes using that formula in the past year. A few other pairs of boots, tennis shoes, and sandals too. All like new or new. One issue to keep in mind if you wear loafers is that AE's moccasin loafers run 1/2 size small. I forget which last, but the Maxwell and the Cody, both nice shoes, need to be a size or a width larger than your usual.

Essential

Reaction score
I ended up getting: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059&Product_Id=1489918&Parent_Id=207&default_color=BLUE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=14-1/2 32# (one in light blue, one in white), and http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059&Product_Id=1539972&Parent_Id=207&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=14-1/2 32. I got it for about $167 shipped, so ~$56 a shirt. Hope they fit and match my charcoal suit and navy blazer. Any opinions on my buys?

Also, didn't get email confirmation yet. Is it just because today is a busy day or is this normal?

Last edited:

Ayrton

Reaction score
Not that it matters now, but I was able to stack the "first purchase" 15% with the corporate 30% back in March.

Just like you can't use the corp discount on clearance online, but I have in the store. YMMV...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads