Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. rmckee47

rmckee47 Member

They will have your card number in the computer if you want to use it now.

2. amathew

amathew Senior member

Yes, I just called them and they said that they could do that. Unfortunately, the 15% first purchase can't be stacked on with the 30% corporate member discount.

3. jp4266

jp4266 Member

I would like to pick up a couple of things but can't go today. Does anyone know what the discounts will be like for the father's day sale?

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I don't remember what the father's day sale is like, but I don't think it will be as good, unless it is like the post-holiday sale.

5. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Where are you getting these good deals? Whenever I check eBay its full of crap...

6. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

You can stack the 15% corp. discount with the 30% off sale? They typically never stack BB sale with the corp discount.

7. amathew

amathew Senior member

No, I misspoke earlier. SA said that I could only get 30% off.

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Agreed, I can't even get decent calf shoes for that price.

9. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

Probably just 25% off, though the structure of their sales have changed, I think, since they upped prices.

The summer version of the semi-annual sale is coming soon as well.

10. rmckee47

rmckee47 Member

Go to Men's Shoes on ebay and enter Shell Cordovan and your size. After the three pair of Allen Edmonds I got, which were practically new, on Saturday I "won" a pair of 30 year old Florsheim Shell Cordovan tassel loafers for the opening bid of $0.99. They arrived on Monday and were hardly worn - original soles and heels, beautiful patina. I just picked them up from the Cobbler Shop, where I brought them Monday to have the insoles replaced so they'll mold to my foot. (He removed the insole and the cork and replaced the cork with neoprene and fashioned a new leather insole for $15.) I've had pretty good luck on ebay.

11. rmckee47

rmckee47 Member

Don't know why your seeing crap on ebay. They have lots of search filters to avoid that. Use the filters, look often, select shoes in great condition, ask questions of the sellers, drop them if they don't answer and, most importantly, know what the shoe is worth and figure out what you are willing to pay. I bid 30% of original list for a shoe in excellent condition. I bid that amount 20 seconds before the auction ends.

If I lose, fine, but that does not happen very often. I've purchased 14 pairs of AE and Alden shoes using that formula in the past year. A few other pairs of boots, tennis shoes, and sandals too. All like new or new. One issue to keep in mind if you wear loafers is that AE's moccasin loafers run 1/2 size small. I forget which last, but the Maxwell and the Cody, both nice shoes, need to be a size or a width larger than your usual.

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

One of my searches is Allen Edmonds and my shoe size and I have yet to see a cordovan shoe in over 3 months. Maybe they're just more plentiful in your size.

13. Essential

Essential Senior member

I ended up getting: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059&Product_Id=1489918&Parent_Id=207&default_color=BLUE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=14-1/2 32# (one in light blue, one in white), and http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1059&Product_Id=1539972&Parent_Id=207&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=14-1/2 32. I got it for about $167 shipped, so ~$56 a shirt. Hope they fit and match my charcoal suit and navy blazer. Any opinions on my buys?

Also, didn't get email confirmation yet. Is it just because today is a busy day or is this normal?

Last edited: May 23, 2012

14. Ayrton

Ayrton Well-Known Member

Not that it matters now, but I was able to stack the "first purchase" 15% with the corporate 30% back in March.

Just like you can't use the corp discount on clearance online, but I have in the store. YMMV...

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Barneys and ebay dawg. But at 450 for the bb peals is a good deal if you need them