• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Related to my last post:

Does anyone know when the next corporate sale (discount card = 25% off) will be?

It's usually in September/October and March. They just had one in May, however, so maybe we are going to see them more frequently going forward.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The odd thing for me is that for suits, the usual buy-two-and-save deal, with the corporate discount, is a bit less expensive than buying two at the summer sale price (by $20 per suit).  Since I was going to buy two suits, I'm in the odd situation that technically, I would save money by waiting until the sale is over and the items I want to purchase are again regularly priced.

If you can wait, you should get it during the next corporate event.

Related to my last post:

Does anyone know when the next corporate sale (discount card = 25% off) will be?

You just missed one late last month. It was 30% off.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
Quite disappointing with the SS12 BBBF sales. Only 30% - 40% discounts whereas 50% discounts were commonly applied till FW11.
I was waiting for some pieces that I don't find discounted enough to purchase them.

Anyone has bought from BBBF?

What were you looking for? Check Barneys, they carry BF and are up to 60% now. If it's sold out then there's probably a reason the BF discounts were so shallow this season.

Ketawa

Reaction score
Question on the buy-2-and-save deals for suits: Can you order two, then send one back and still receive the discounted price on the one you keep? I think I've done this before with polos; would think it applies to suits as well. The cost of a return (something like $7?) is pretty low.

bluesdance

Reaction score

Question on the buy-2-and-save deals for suits: Can you order two, then send one back and still receive the discounted price on the one you keep? I think I've done this before with polos; would think it applies to suits as well. The cost of a return (something like $7?) is pretty low.

yeah, I think i've done that with shirts (it was unpremeditated). it's slightly bad karma though :violin:
try to convince yourself you really want to consider both of them, it's better that way.

bluesdance

Reaction score

Typical BB... I bought a BF solid navy suit during their flash sale. Went from ship in 2 weeks, to ship in 1 month, to indefinitely, then my order disappeared from the online queue completely! Oh well... not totally unexpected. :fu:

I once had a suit order advance every week by a week, for about six months, but i did finally get my suit.

bluesdance

Reaction score

I went to the Madison store to pick something up for the sale but it wasn't there. Received some pretty horrible service- no one helped me and I went through five floors alone.

Anyways, I called the number on the BB site to order the item and whoever picked up said there was no free shipping when you called on the phone. I was a bit disappointed but I just bought it anyways since I didn't have time to waste and I already gave the basic information. I'm guessing it needs to be a personal SA number to always get free shipping on orders?

If you want to do a phone order w/ free shipping, you can call a SA at a store and have that person place the order, then voila free shipping

seven7seven

Reaction score

Maybe the corporate discount?
Can you please elaborate?

It was my impression that neither of those would work with the major sales, as per the not valid with other discounts clause on the sale. Am I mistaken?
I'd try the corporate discount online, but it insists that my mailing/billing address is invalid.

The corp discount does not get applied if you try. I made a purchase a few moments ago.

Ah yes I was referring to opening a BB card. Does that not stack with sales?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My understanding is that returning one suit will only result in a refund of the difference between what you paid and the sale price for buying only one suit. For example, if you got two suits for $1,120 and the sale price for one suit was $700, you would only get a refund of $420 for returning one of the two suits.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only had my Corp Card for a few weeks, Seven. I think I've seen older posts where it did stack with some sales - maybe it's selective? Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads