1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. mystry613

mystry613 Active Member

They probably spent a good deal of effort "improving" the web-site, when all they really needed to do is improve the back-end management system. BF is treated differently for inventory purposes, and I don't know why. I can't understand how a company can allow such poor user experience, or why this problem is so hard to solve.

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Glad I didn't get my hopes and order anything. This happened last time they had a sale on the summer colored milanos. Strangely they all appear to be back in stock.

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

This looks like an improvement then, last year wasn't BB cancelling orders after allowing you to pay and checkout? :confused:

4. khe86

khe86 Senior member

thanks but looks like I'm suffering the same problem as everyone else. Says in stock but at checkout, it's a no go.

5. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

I read all the comments on here and took them to heart, so instead of ordering online got straight on the phone and called the Madison Ave. shop to make sure they had what I wanted and ordered directly with them. I bet if you get them on the phone they can give you a more accurate assessment of what they have in stock. It's silly that you should need to do this, but it has worked for me so far.

6. kdv10

kdv10 Well-Known Member

I had a very similar issue during my last order. However, half of my order reported as item sold out at the end of the check out process. The fist half of the order went through and I got a shipping tracking number. Lo and behold a few days later, the items that were reported as sold out now was being shipped to me in a separate package with a 2nd tracking number!

7. Patek

Patek Senior member

Someone with a brain. I have said to do this various times.

My SA emailed me back that one of the shirts was out of stock, so she replaced it with another. She found the other 7 items by calling various stores that were showing them in inventory.

Or, you can keep trying to order stuff on-line and then complain when it doesn't work...

1 person likes this.
  8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

fk brooks brothers when did they change return policy to 90 says

i have a shirt bought beginning this year and never opened it. By the time i made purchase they didn't have this return policy.

then today i call customer service they said i can't return wtf?

9. js4design

js4design Senior member

If you purchased it before the policy went into place, then the old open ended return policy applies.

10. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

:blush: Thank. Customer service people say i can't do it and they probably will refuse my return. I will call my store to ask. Thank you.

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Well, I did call them and they confirmed that the BF suit I originally wanted only had one left in their entire inventory. :fu:

If was an impulse purchase, not gonna lose sleep over it. Nevertheless, for an established outfit like BB to have a second rated calamity of a website is indeed head-scratching. :facepalm:

12. khe86

khe86 Senior member

13. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah service was super shit today as well. Had 10 minutes before work today and got my order ready as I keep items in my cart always. Tried to check out 3 times and failed. Then finally got a chance to call, Robert in SF was friendly as usual but I called too late as I was too busy at work. SA in Stanford was out today and Bleeker street staff was very short, probably cause 5 million people called today. And honestly just for C&J shoes that I've bought before and returned but thought it'd be worth it at $100 less.

15. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

Just called my local SA and kopped the last BB3 BF Navy Cashmere trench in the country (the one Patek got). He said "New York" so I guess it was at 346. If fit or color don't work it will go up on this thread and B&S before I return.

16. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Are the B&M stores honoring the online prices? Can you order your size and get the sale price? I tried calling my local and didn't get through so figured I'd ask here.

17. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yes, call your SA.

18. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Nice, thanks. I'll just walk over there but can't go for an hour or two. Thanks for your help.

19. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Do SAs get a commission for placing orders that ship to the purchaser's home address? If so, it's probably always in our best interest to buy the clearance stuff through the local store. I at least want my SAs to prosper and if they come to recognize and remember me, I doubt that will hurt me later.