Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Correct

2. coremill

coremill Member

Yes, this is probably what should happen, but with shirts I've gotten lucky and been refunded the full price -- bought 3 during a corp card discount, returned 1, and the return was processed as a full price return ($88). Obviously YMMV.

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

Question regarding supima cotton: how is this different from their non-supima shirts? Is this just a marketing term?

4. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

Straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.supima.com/whats-supima/faq/

5. mockalite

mockalite Well-Known Member

Does anyone have info about the maker/quality of the 1818 suits made in Italy? Or does it vary by garment?

6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

7. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

has anyone found a real gem among the summer sale items? because nothing looks that attractive
    i'm really glad i ordered my 3 jackets with the sale + 30% corporate discount because the current price is more than double what i paid even on sale

8. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

That's a good explanation. The really long staple cottons like sea isle and pima need a long growing season as in the West Indies or Peru, and I guess the US southwest with supima.Even in the US south the season is notlong enough for the long staple sea isle (although it may be grown on some of those barrier islands where the climate is moderated by the ocean and there's no frost) 95% of cotton in the US is short staple upland.

9. Snedley

Snedley Senior member

Sea isle is the best but the pima from Peru is its equal. I have bought a couple of Lacoste T shirts(Peru) and can tell you that it's as good as sea isle and I've been wearing that for 40 years. I don't know however if every model they sell is of the same quality but the ones I bought last year are excellent.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Few days ago, i checked out a cotton field in Peru and some of the sample fabrics at a nearby mill-amazing stuff. Coincidently enough, For my trip i packed a favorite - rag&bone cotton t made in Peru - super soft and amazing hand. Would recommend the sea island cotton shirts as they are a great value when on sale

11. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

• My team doesn't show Suiting Essentials due to the quality difference; they find it reflects poorly on our true suiting options.
    • Regent Gabardine's are identical to the Fitzgerald cotton pant based on a recent experience with a client.
    • I have the next CIS event somewhere in my emails and will try to locate,...keep thinking august or october.
    • SA's, such as myself, cover the shipping through our store ALWAYS.

I know there were so many other questions and I will try to get back to them when I can. Also, being banned from this site at work is really not helping.

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

the BB website seems to be on/off in terms of what's on sale...A couple of days in early June, my SA was kind enough to honor the sale price posted on a few of items for me; Regent soft jacket for $218 and Fitz SC for $250 ...imo, not a bad haul...I'm also thinking about another Fitz Blue/Gray/Brown SC for $270...again these prices are based on those 2 days in early June; not sure if a pricing/computer glitch...

13. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm highly interested in the date of the next CIS sale, as it determines whether or not I can wait for it to pick up new suits.

14. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Does anyone have experience with the differences between the non-iron button down and the regular oxford cloth button downs in terms of material and fit?

Non-iron
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=BLUE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Classic Oxford
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=BLUE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I am looking for a traditional OCBD, but would love the non-iron practicality. The non-iron version is not labeled as oxford-cloth, so I am not sure if its of a different material.

Thanks!