When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. surf2japan

surf2japan Member

Yeah, if you go into a BB you can have a suiting essentials suit made in whatever cut you like, including the Milano. For some reason they seem to be pretty quiet about the option, I had to bring it up to the SA I was working with. The price is either six or seven hundred.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Typical BB... I bought a BF solid navy suit during their flash sale. Went from ship in 2 weeks, to ship in 1 month, to indefinitely, then my order disappeared from the online queue completely! Oh well... not totally unexpected. :fu:

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Do y'all think that $699 is worth it for a BB suit? I'm looking at this one. Says super 110s but I still think the suit is half-canvassed,

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I feel like the winter sale was better, too. I purchased 1 blazer. Then I noticed that even though my size is still in stock right now as I type this, it was not going to ship until the last week of August (wtf-age?) so I cancelled my order. Ha.

I nosed around the other stuff but the only thing I really want/need right now is a nice bag and I'm probably getting a Filson or a Jack Spade at some point.

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I rarely buy anything during the Summer semi-annual. Corporate incentive events, Black Friday and Christmas semi-annuals are the best. Buying a pair of chinos during this sale but only because I screwed up in not getting them a few weeks ago.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

That's because it's not that great a deal and never goes on sale. $700 for a suiting essentials quality suit (one level below 1818) only makes sense if you've got something pretty unique about your tastes or build that OTR 1818's cannot satisfy.

7. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

I hear you. The winter event was 40% off and then if you purchased on Christmas Day or Boxing Day you got an additional 10% off. It worked out to about two suits for a grand plus tax and they had everything in every size.

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Sure, you can have them custom-make almost anything, but paying almost double for an SE suit doesn't make sense. You can get an 1818 Milano on sale in that range or (if you are lucky) find an 1818 Milano for half that on B&S.

9. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

Quite disappointing with the SS12 BBBF sales. Only 30% - 40% discounts whereas 50% discounts were commonly applied till FW11.
    I was waiting for some pieces that I don't find discounted enough to purchase them.

Anyone has bought from BBBF?

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I usually try to pick up a suit on 12/26 due to the combo of 30% off plus the kicker (20% last 12/26). My 1818 Fitz was $504 last December 26th.

11. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

I have had that happen. Pretty frustrating!!!

12. LoblawNYC

LoblawNYC Member

The odd thing for me is that for suits, the usual buy-two-and-save deal, with the corporate discount, is a bit less expensive than buying two at the summer sale price (by $20 per suit). Since I was going to buy two suits, I'm in the odd situation that technically, I would save money by waiting until the sale is over and the items I want to purchase are again regularly priced.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

+1 for the question.

I am a 31 32 for the clarks advantage chinos and want to know how the madison and regent dress pants fit in comparison so I can order it online

14. CounselorStyle

CounselorStyle Well-Known Member

Related to my last post:

Does anyone know when the next corporate sale (discount card = 25% off) will be?

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Pull the trigger. There is typically very little left in inventory at the conclusion of the semi-annual sales.