• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats up with all the Kanye hate?

KanYe

Reaction score
I've seen some people comment on Kanye's musical ability in some of my threads. I'm only looking to see what you can have against him. Classic songs such as Through the Wire. Classic albums such as Graduation, College Dropout, and Late Reg. His verses right now are better than they ever were. What are you basing your lack of appreciation off of?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most people don't seem capable of differentiating the musician from the person. The musician has produced some of the best hip-hop in the 2000s. The person is eccentric for the sake of being eccentric and desperate to be considered a genius. I like Kanye, but I can see why someone wouldn't.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His music is pretty good, CD was a classic, half of LR was good, Graduation and 808s blew. Made some good beats on Blueprint. Most people just want to hate him because of his ****** personality.

Basically: good producer, average (sometimes horrible) rapper

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KanYe
I've seen some people comment on Kanye's musical ability in some of my threads.
Yeah. Since you asked the question. Because he's a musical moron, like most of his ilk. 'I want less fans'

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
he likes fish sticks

What is he, a gay fish?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude is actually a quiet, thoughtful, sentimental, and probably self-conscious guy (short, not that good looking, kind of out of place in the hip-hop world). Tries to act hard and eccentric and arrogant for the sake of an image, not hard to tell that **** is phony ridiculousness.

Dude seems to be a pretty good producer and I like all of his albums (for what they are, which is catchy, unsubstantial pop with admittedly nice beats) except for 808's which IMO has maybe three good songs, and that's being generous. He just has a ******* asston of hype and popular opinion around him and some people think he deserves it, some don't. He definitely should not be compared to the MC's listed in the GOAT thread, he's not that type of rapper. Dude is a pop artist who happens to have decent flow and good ear. Most of his lyrics are alright, some are just down right bad.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought his bald girlfriend was hot but everyone got mad at me and disagreed.

His music is meh.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly I think he music straight up sucks. I make the guys at the store turn it off when I am there. He rhymes or lack there of suck his voice sucks his beats are mediocre at best, but then again I am old and think that the 80's and 90's reign supreme in the terms of music. I understand progression but the **** needs to at least sound good.

76classic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I thought his bald girlfriend was hot but everyone got mad at me and disagreed.

His music is meh.

I'm surprised she (Amber Rose) hasn't shown up in the Great Backyards thread after her half naked romp on the beach. By the way, Kanye threw another tantrum because folks were snapping photos. Dude, go to a private beach or tell your girl to put her top back on.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I like his music but he does tend to give off the impression that he's an egotistical jerk in person.

Hasn't he basically thrown a temper tantrum at several awards shows and walked off stage at some concerts in a huff?

Now I'm off to Google "Amber Rose"
smile.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gah her face looks awful there. But her massive ass I would still eat.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually don't like his style of over glossy over produced mainstream beats that much. He also had some of the worst lyrics I can think of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads