• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should've used his marketing skillz to maximize profits at the original store before trying to expand to a second store and not being able to afford rent.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If Dayton really is going under, they must have much bigger problems than a few Internet nerds who spent a few thousand dollars on defective and/or undelivered goods. D&B lists them as a $1.4 million company. Then again, it also lists them as "high risk" for defaulting on a loan. :laugh: :confused:

Should've used his marketing skillz to maximize profits at the original store before trying to expand to a second store and not being able to afford rent.

I can imagine him saying something like "hey, watch this guys!"

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stephen said my shoes are going out today!
redface.gif

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You called, he called? did he send you an email w/ tracing no.? Sorry just want to find out if this is another bs

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember the good ol' days when Michelle called me to tell me that the shoes are done and the tracking no. will be sent to email, which it did as we were talking.. :violin:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After I got my refund back I wrote email to Stephen talking about the unreturnable emails / calls and the delay to non existent of my boots. This I'd what he came back with

Thanks for your email.

Our apologies for your experience. Certainly it was never our intent to mislead you
or in any way not be truthful with you. We ran into a number of problems internally
that prevented us from delivering on what we had promised in terms of timing. We had not
anticipated that our April Anniversary Sale would go viral and it really taxed our production
capabilities. 

Your boots were done at least twice but one at least one occasion they did not pass final quality
inspection and were not acceptable in quality and should not have been shipped.

If there is good that can out of your experience, it forced us to look at both the people and the process
we were employing to make our boots. We have made the necessary changes and we are re-organizing our manufacturing process to prevent what happened to you from every happening again.

We hope that at some point in the future, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen 

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
they finished the boots twice, one pair was not up to spec (but the other pair was?) - did you get either pair?

Islander

Reaction score
True story: I stopped at Dayton a few weeks ago to take a look around and grab some leather laces, and Stephen was working the counter. I've been there a few times in the past couple of years and had never seen him there before so I found this a little odd, but whatever. He seemed like a really nice guy, and he gave me my laces and also some Dayton branded insoles free of charge when I mentioned that one of my new pairs fit a tad loose. A young, badass SWAT-type cop walked in and started browsing. When approached he said something about how some of his co-workers had recommended Dayton, and did they have any boots for him to wear on the job. Stephen proceeded to show him the most fugly, inappropriate pair of western-toe driver boots you could possibly imagine. I was thinking WTF are you doing, this guy is clearly looking for black leather x-boots or service boots with a vibram sole, you just lost a sale and a bunch of referrals down the road. The cop looked around for a while and walked out.

Sigh. :confused:

EDITED: Just read what I wrote and no I didn't actually say WTF, I was thinking it lol. Pretty clear disconnect between a CEO and his clientele.

Last edited:

jaja

Reaction score
Can't believe you guys are still screwing around with this joke of a company. Got my chargeback done months ago.
Even if you do get your boots, there's a good chance they'll have problems. Dayton's boot makers are a bunch of amateurs.

you wanna meet and talk in person?................amateurs eh?
make a pair of boots out of your geek ass.

alot of people at that company had to deal with your little girl like diva ****!
if you ever saw me................and knew who i was, you would run for your ******* life.

choose your words next time geek!

last time i ever post on here.................get a life you *****!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads