• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all my topy on a few shoes including my Dayton Boots is peeling.

Can I use Shoe Goo to glue it back on?

EDIT: found out about something called Barge Cement. would that do the trick? is it safe to use?

So yours is is nailed but the topy is still peeling? Is it natural for the topy to start peeling so soon?

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
The heel was coming off almost all the way around and I didn't want to pull it completely off just to find out if it was nailed. I just took it to a cobbler to have them put on vibrams and re-heel it because I didn't care to mess with calling Dayton. Regardless of if it was nailed or simply glued, the job was incredibly poorly done and I wasn't about to just gorilla glue that ***** back on there and hope it stays.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I called the 800 number this morning, no answer. My boots got there a week ago and Stephen hasn't responded to my emails. How hard would it be for them to send out a generic auto-reply email saying when they'll get their **** together?!

What has it been? 4 weeks? What kind of company has everyone take a 4 week vacation? Are we sure they have not gone out of business at this point?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The heel was coming off almost all the way around and I didn't want to pull it completely off just to find out if it was nailed. I just took it to a cobbler to have them put on vibrams and re-heel it because I didn't care to mess with calling Dayton. Regardless of if it was nailed or simply glued, the job was incredibly poorly done and I wasn't about to just gorilla glue that ***** back on there and hope it stays.

How does the Vibram sole look with the boots? Wonder if there is a point in getting them to put the TOPY on the boot if it comes off so easily. Can you post pics of the boot with the vibram

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason that Steve Miller Band song "Take the Money and Run" won't get out of my head.

That and the image of the CEO drunk on tequila in some border town cantina in Mexico wearing a pair service boots with the heel falling off of one of them while swearing violently about "those pansies over at Style Forum."

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does the Vibram sole look with the boots? Wonder if there is a point in getting them to put the TOPY on the boot if it comes off so easily. Can you post pics of the boot with the vibram

Vibram on service boots doesn't really strike me as a great look.
Commando sole maybe?

Naro

Reaction score
The Facebook page is still up. Stephen got back to me a couple days ago, but then nothing for a week. I'm guessing he's the only one and is pretty busy; he seems like a nice guy from the e-mail.

Last edited:

binauralbeats

Reaction score

The Facebook page is still up.

Link? I only see the Dayton Europe page.

I still have another month left to dispute the charge on my credit card. Really don't want to do that and hoping the 4-5 week vacation at dayton is over soon so they can process my refund.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My boots arrived today!!!

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ haha nice. so weeks of no contact, no tracking, etc and they show up.

yikes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads