• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ragingbull.jpg

The story follows similar arc to Wolf of WallSt difference is to me this movie is so much tense and emotional while not less crazy. Amazing movie by Scorsese. 9/10

shoparound.jpg

Romcom from1940(!) by Ernst Lubitsch. I really enjoyed it also I'm a big fan of James Stewart so couldn't go wrong here. When I was watching this movie I thought "this is so much like Billy Wilder", it turned out that Lubitsch was Wilder's favourite director and you can feel that watching Lubitsch movies. 9/10

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Invisible Man- enjoyable movie. Elizabeth Moss did a good job playing a freaked out character being stalked by her invisible ex.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hilarious and highly recommended.

Zac Efron's character is my favorite in this

images

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
there's a movie....

After ten months Napoleon escaped from Elba.
In a desperate gamble, with less than a thousand men, he invaded the mainland of Europe

lol

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
then there's this... proof that Tarantino's movies are alot better once his trademark dialog is thrown out

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JoJo Rabbit. It's a funny movie on how stupid JoJo is but pretty sad that the his mom was hung by the Gestapo. At least that one German officer was helpful and basically saved JoJo's life at the end.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JoJo Rabbit. It's a funny movie on how stupid JoJo is but pretty sad that the his mom was hung by the Gestapo. At least that one German officer was helpful and basically saved JoJo's life at the end.

She wasn't killed. Did you see the body????

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1601139504851.png

I realized I already saw this movie a few minutes in. That tells you all you need to know. Really ******* generic.

Werner Herzog is always great, though.

Since this is SF... some collar roll Appreciation:

1601139622310.png

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always re-watch this every few years when I need a laugh. This time, I was watching/enjoying as well as testing the NFS protocol that I had just discovered my NAS was capable of; worked great. No need to rely on SMB sharing and hope my stream doesn't lag out anymore.

Not only that, but it took like 5 minutes to re-scrape my 100 gig music collection after switching over. I'm a happy camper.

518A6XX8Q6L.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few from over the last week+:

8138xHKle-L._RI_.jpg

This docu tells the story of young ladies disappearing in Cleveland and how there really was no police action taken until......

Survivors, family members and locals recount what they saw/noticed and even smelled in the neighborhood!

Good watch. I would go 3.75/5.

MV5BZjA0Y2UwMzItMWM3MS00YjMwLTllMTMtYzIyNGZlZTY3YjFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxMDUyOTI@._V1_.jpg

Contrary to the movie poster above, Denzel is not the star of this flick.

James Farentino plays a father overjoyed that his daughter has just graduated high school and is headed off to college. His wife and their other daughter also are very happy and the youngster has already claimed dibs on the older's room.

Older daughter heads out to meet up with her boyfriend on his birthday. Local businessman is leaving the club after several drinks. You guessed it....he crashed into the girl and she is killed.

Was he drunk? Well....the father wants justice and that's where Denzel comes in. He plays a young DA trying to maneuver around in the courthouse vs an experienced defense lawyer.

The dad of the teen is furious that it is taking so long to find out if his family will get justice. Will they? Not a bad watch.

3/5.

51GNCH72zaL.jpg

A brand new Canada World Airways plane takes off from Montreal headed to Edmonton. W Devane plays the lead pilot and is told by the pilot who just flew the plane in that there are a few tech issues.

Devane and his co-pilot head out on the runway and speak to the ground staff. They can't seem to figure out how to measure how much fuel is needed for the flight.

Ok......shortly after takeoff....$hit hits the fan. Computers are beeping.....lights are blinking and they realize that they have nowhere enough fuel to reach Edmonton.

They reach air traffic and ask to be diverted to a closer airport......when they realize that they are out of fuel and they are basically gliding trying to put the plane down somewhere.

Much of this was filmed from the cockpit and I actually did like as the tension builds. This is based on a true story and the pilot on the original CWA flight has a small role at the beginning of this flick.

3/5.

I caught all of these on Youtube. The last 2 are not groundbreaking flicks, but I felt that they were worth a watch.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Jojo Rabbit - went into it really excited to see it and just didn't find it very funny. I dunno, I found a lot of the jokes revolved around "isn't anti-semitism funny!! let's be antisemitic in a goofy voice!!" and it didn't work for me. I thought ScarJo was really great in it though, I was pretty moved by her performance. Moreso than her role in Marriage Story anyway.

I watched Risky Business for the first time last night and thought it was a lot of fun! Man, Tom Cruise. What a career.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A few more:

maxresdefault.jpg

American Murder: The Family Next Door

I caught this earlier in the week. I had seen the police body cam videos and interrogation vids previously as there is so much content on Youtube about this case.

Basically....Chris Watts is called home by the police and his wife's friend after the friend can't get in touch with her. The 2 young girls are also missing.

This docu takes you into some of the text's and e-mails that were never really seen to paint a story of what was really happening in the marriage. The body cam and interrogation vids are also a part of the story.

I must say this and I am IN NO WAY blaming the wife, but it would drive me crazy if I had a partner that basically wanted to put everything about our life on social media!

3.5/5

large-cover.jpg

Also on Netflix.

The lead character is a...you guessed it...a paramedic. He lives with his girlfriend and she is talking about having a baby, etc. He is sorta not ready for that.

While out on a job, the ambulance is hit and the main character is paralyzed from the waist down. He is back home with his girlfriend and things start to fall apart.

She is out more and more and he is now open for the baby talk, etc. He is suspicious of his GF and puts a tracking device on her phone. Bad move!

After following her a few times, she gets hip and leaves. But he isn't ready to let her go and has a plan to keep her "forever"!

I mean, this is a stretch but I made it to the end.

2/5

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads