• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1600315705493.png

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've never seen this. I guess it barely predated my cinephile phase. I think I bucketed it as a 90s teen movie for some reason. Obviously that's totally wrong. On its face it's glossy and romantic. Underneath it's "Breaking Bad" type character study about the evil lurking within. Seems like it's a controversial film. I found it quite compelling.

Perfectly cast. Interesting seeing Cate Blanchett playing a ingenue. Totally different role from what she became known for.

And of course the clothes are fantastic.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what makes it first modern comic book movie when The Crow came in 1994.
Are people getting bored of this comic shit yet?

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
re Talented Mr Ripley holy cow could Anthony Minghella write a script RIP

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1460009

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've never seen this. I guess it barely predated my cinephile phase. I think I bucketed it as a 90s teen movie for some reason. Obviously that's totally wrong. On its face it's glossy and romantic. Underneath it's "Breaking Bad" type character study about the evil lurking within. Seems like it's a controversial film. I found it quite compelling.

Perfectly cast. Interesting seeing Cate Blanchett playing a ingenue. Totally different role from what she became known for.

And of course the clothes are fantastic.
I saw it in the theatre, and I remember thinking I have GOT to get my ass to Italy.
I finally did...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crow was pretty good though tbh
Sure. I even kinda liked Dark Knight Rises. But Jesus, enough is enough already.

Also, this is the best and most insightful review of Joker there is:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
highnoon.jpg

Exellent western, shows you who can you depend on when shit hits the fan can't disagree with writers here. Eventhough it's not action packed, it's an amazing classic. 9/10

barwy.jpg

Polish movie about young proffessor who is under the wing of older more cynical collegue. The movie moves and makes you think it's also very well acted. 9/10

You can watch Barwy Ochronne on youtube with English subs in decent quality

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1600486872841.png

I think like 100 people are murdered in this movie, but the most disturbing part is
a ballerina ripping her toenail off

I didn't love the 2nd movie, but this one sold me. It's just kind of fucking ridiculous, but in a totally awesome way. Somehow everyone in the world is a secret assassin, but whatever it's stylish enough that I don't give a shit. (Actually it's kind of refreshing how they don't try to ground it in reality. Like we don't need to waste 30-60 seconds showing John flying from NY to Morocco, or whatever.)

You just have to appreciate how unapologetic this series is about what it is.

(Also, Jesus, looks like the chairman fell on rough times after Iron Chef America.)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy shit The Devil All the Time is awful. It's one of the worst movies I've seen all year, although maybe not as bad as Scooby-Doo.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's