• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the most disturbing film you've seen?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw 'Sweet Movie' made in 1974. Starts out tame enough, then goes through all sorts of weirdness. Lots of gratuitous gold and chocolate covered crotch shots, child molestation on a communist revolution boat filled with candy and dead people, and bizarre 're-birthing' rituals that are in the same vein as 2girls1cup. Just bizarre
wow.gif

Zubberah

Reaction score
The most disturbing thing is I have just about seen EVERY film mentioned in this thread! And I'm being dead serious. A massive film buff (former film critic; avid subscriber to Sydney Film Festival since 1989), I watch 3-4 movies per week (I don't watch television at all). Here is my list (ones bolded are most disturbing IMHO):

1.\tGuinea Pig: Mermaid in a Manhole
2.\tGuinea Pig: He Never Dies
3.\tGuinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood (perhaps the most disturbing of the series)
4.\tGuinea Pig: Devils Experiment
5.\tGuinea Pig: Android of Notre Dame
6.\tGuinea Pig: The Devil Doctor Woman
7.\tAftermath / Genesis
8.\tNekromantik 1+ 2
9.\tCannibal Ferox
10.\tAnthropophagus 1+ 2
11.\tCut And Run
12.\tVisitor Q
13.\tIn A Glass Cage
14.\tSS Hell Camp
15.\tSchramm
16.\tMordum (August Underground) - other two in seriesare rubbish
17.\tCutting Moments
18.\tUntold Story
19.\tIlsa:She-Wolf of the SS
36.\tMen behind the sun
37. Cannibal holocaust (Deodata is remaking this film!!!!)
38. Salo, or the 120 days of sodom (in fact Pasolini's entire ouevre, even Gospel according to St Matthew, Pigpen, etc)
39. The last house on the left (a rip-off of Bergman's masterful Virgin Spring)
40. Ichi the killer
41. I spit on your grave
42. Maniac
43. Dead Alive
44. Battle Royale
45. Irreversible (and Gaspar's Noe's short Carne and Anatomy of Hell)
46. Slaughtered Vomit Dolls (silly though)
47. Baise-Moi
48. Murder Set Pieces
49. Grub Girl
50. Scrapbook
51. Pink Flamingos (albeit hilarious John Waters!)
52. Audition
53. Naked Blood
54. Un chien andalou and L'Age d'Or (Luis Bunuel's 1930 surrealist masterpieces, the latter with Jesus having an orgy; the former with the famous razor slitting the eye scene!!!!!)
55. Early experimental films from Jack Smith, Gregory Markopolous, Kenneth Anger, Steve Dwoskin, Jon Jost...
56. Bambi meets Godzilla! (only 90 seconds long but unforgettable!!)
57. Faces of Death

Many of these are banned or not available in Australia, so thank you to P2P and torrent sites and underground purveyors on eBay.

Two I haven't seen with notorious reputations are Tumbling Doll of Flesh and Mu Zan E.

Then there are the directors whose almost entire canon is disturbing (but who I admire): David Cronenberg, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Tobe Hooper (in the 70s esp. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Eaten Alive!, The Funhouse), Paul Verhoeven's non-English films, Russ Meyer in a sleazy way (esp. Up!), Hershell Gordon Lewis, Larry Clark, Todd Browning, Michael Haneke, Jesus Franco and Joe d'Amato (the latter two mixing Appreciation with disturbing horror!).

Hah, I don't spend all my days watching arty farty films from Mizoguchi, Bresson, Godard, Angelopolous, Kiarostami, etc!

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely have to agree with Salo, but Pink Flamingos is purely comical. Well, the chicken ****** scene was a bit weird, as well as eating dog crap, and the whistling butthole. Wait... that movie was really disturbing.

And what's this about a Cannibal Holocaust remake?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riotshield
I remember being freaked out as a kid, watching Apocalypse Now.

Also, actually Oldboy is a South Korean flick.

Ah, that's right. My bad. The other two films in that trilogy were also pretty disturbing... In a good way. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, and Sympathy for Ms. Vengeance.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Anything with Babs.
Originally Posted by lithium180
Even Yentl?

I actually like 'Yentl' and think she was great in 'Hello Dolly'. I don't think I've seen anything else she's done. Oh yeah, 'Prince of Tides' - I don't really remember it, so I guess I wasn't impressed.

Zubberah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Definitely have to agree with Salo, but Pink Flamingos is purely comical. Well, the chicken ****** scene was a bit weird, as well as eating dog crap, and the whistling butthole. Wait... that movie was really disturbing.

And what's this about a Cannibal Holocaust remake?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907629/

Been big news for over 12 months now. Deodato was spurred on by Eli Roth after his cameo in torture Appreciation's Hostel II. He's said no real live animal killings this time around.

gian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Requiem for a Dream

+1

near the end with the montage of the girls and the main characters arm being amputated, the effect of drugs in all of their lives, just struck a chord

adamsnez

Reaction score
i think the movie was calledd "Cannibal Holocaust" or something. pretty low scale movie, appeared to have been filmed in the 80s. director was filed with a charge claiming the cast actually died because they were to never appear in the media afterwards, then they showed up to clear his name.
some of the scenese in it are just GROSSSS, watch it

ths

Reaction score
Hi i am new to the forum... i was very disturbed by the japanese anime School Days. Anybody else watched that?

sybaritical

Reaction score
In movies, I still find the memory of the original 1990 Dutch/ French version of "The Vanishing" directed by George Sluizer disturbing. Oh. And those Chechen beheadings an old friend sent me a while back were pretty grim.

PARTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
i think the movie was calledd "Cannibal Holocaust" or something. pretty low scale movie, appeared to have been filmed in the 80s. director was filed with a charge claiming the cast actually died because they were to never appear in the media afterwards, then they showed up to clear his name.
some of the scenese in it are just GROSSSS, watch it

Cannibal Holocaust is a great movie. The director was arrested when it was first shown. Classic. +1

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love horror movies that are commercial/tame, like the new (and old) House of Wax, 30 Days of Night, Descent, 28 Weeks Later, etc. Stuff like that.

But the stuff mentioned in this thread is a totally different genre in my opinion. People vomiting on each other? Cutting off limbs in extended scenes? I just don't get it.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teeth. That movie where the girl has ****** dentata (teeth in her vag) and while ********** cuts off guy's dicks. Deeply disturbing.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive heard 'Audition' is super messed up and disturbing, I have yet to see it though.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Teeth. That movie where the girl has ****** dentata (teeth in her vag) and while ********** cuts off guy's dicks. Deeply disturbing.

Yet funny at the same time, how it was shot. She's having great sex, then the guy calls his friend to brag and...
devil.gif

I might have mentioned it, but Delicatessen (French foreign I think) was very odd, disturbing in it's theme, but uplifting at the same time
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur