• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What is the best summer denim?

KBW

Reaction score
Wanting a great pair of jeans for the summer. I live in the South and visit a lot of coastal areas during the summer so I usually stay pretty hot
. Anything under $400 is fine. Looking for a grey, blue, and black pair. Thanks a ton in advance. Not a fan of the SuFu bitch fit but I like them decently slim. I've been offline and out of pocket for a good while with a death in the family so I haven't been able to look anything up. TIA

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
summer is all about bringing out the heavily faded lighterweight raw denim that you've owned for years... sadly i don't own any 8 oz lightweight heavily faded raw denim...
hmm!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EG makes a great one that i sell if you aren't a snob AG makes a crazy light comfortable jean that is really nice ( sell that too).
think light! ( not color, weight!)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Rag & Bone are nice too

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen these in person, fairly lightweight and a nice fit:
http://www.barneys.com/Straight%20Le...efault,pd.html

Also, +1 on Rag & Bone. I saw some great lightweight dark indigo RB15 at Barney's.

Both of the above imply that you're really willing to pony up $250+ on a pair of jeans, but if so, I think they are pretty good options.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dior Homme silver selvedge 19cm from 06 and 07 were the best summerweight jeans ever. I'm sad I don't have mine anymore, but they'd be mere threads and shreds by now.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
EG makes a great one that i sell if you aren't a snob AG makes a crazy light comfortable jean that is really nice ( sell that too). think light! ( not color, weight!)
I tend to agree with mauro. summer is a time for non-snobby denim. A lot of those brands that are not "cool" tend to make really lightweight soft denim that is perfect for summer time. These jeans are not "cool", but cool if you know what I mean......

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Fok's sake people

JUST WEAR SHORTS

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya will agree with me, the 21oz slack woven iron heart denim is awesome in the heat.

KenN

Reaction score
RB 15 sized up 1.

The fit is perfect for summer. It's snug, but flowy, and the denim is very lightweight and breaths easy.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.