• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What game console do you play the most?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Come on, you know there's not enough quality software on the DS for continuous play, 2D or otherwise. I dust mine off about once every six months when a new first party game comes out.
What? Are you kidding? DS has more awesome software than all the next-gen consoles combined. I think you're kidding though...

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I wish I was kidding. I have six games and I only really enjoyed four of them (all first party). Maybe you've got hold of some software I've not heard of?

My games:

Mario Kart
Mario 64
New Super Marion Bros.
Phantom hourglass
Children of Mana
Lunar Knights

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, I wish I was kidding. I have six games and I only really enjoyed four of them (all first party). Maybe you've got hold of some software I've not heard of?

My games:

Mario Kart
Mario 64
New Super Marion Bros.
Phantom hourglass
Children of Mana
Lunar Knights

Meteos, Planet Puzzle League, the two Advance Wars games, the two Castlevania games, Nintendogs, Tetris DS, Picross DS, Rocket Slime, Brain Age, Puzzle Quest, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Worms: Open Warfare 2, Big Brain Academy, Professor Layton, Sonic Rush, Contra 4, Final Fantasy III, Ouendan 1/2, Elite Beat Agents, Feel the Magic, Bleach DS, WarioWare, Game Center CX, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, the Phoenix Wright games, Hotel Dusk, NYT Crosswords, Geometry Wars Galaxies. And that's just off the top of my head. I own almost as many DS games as PS2 games and they're all "excellent+" games.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly my point. The DS has been out for over three years and the only games I'm interested are the ones I already have plus maybe a couple from your list (Castlevanias, Sonic, maybe Mario & Luigi). If I played a hundred games a year I might be picking up more DS titles, but I go through fewer than twenty, so my true must-have games come up a lot more frequently on consoles.

Also, there's just no way to compare the library to the PS2's.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly my point. The DS has been out for over three years and the only games I'm interested are the ones I already have plus maybe a couple from your list (Castlevanias, Sonic, maybe Mario & Luigi). If I played a hundred games a year I might be picking up more DS titles, but I go through fewer than twenty, so my true must-have games come up a lot more frequently on consoles.

Also, there's just no way to compare the library to the PS2's.

If you go through fewer than twenty games a year, of course you're not going to dig the handhelds. They're "gaming-lite". The only "must-play" portable games I can recall from last year are Phantom Hourglass, Hotel Dusk, Planet Puzzle League and maybe Dracula x Chronicles and Final Fantasy Tactics, but they're still both ports (this year is shaping up a lot better as the new Advance Wars, Professor Layton and Patapon are all must-haves coming out in Jan-Feb). It doesn't negate the fact that the library is amazing though. Looking back at the SNES, it has about 10-15 games that have stood the test of time as "classics". I see DS shaping up the same way; about ten or so all-time greats with an amazing library of really, really good games.

I also work for a mobile gaming site and always find myself on a train, so I probably have a lot more apt opportunity for gaming-on-the-go than most people.

Also, you should really check out a couple of games on the list unless you're totally put off by the genre. Bleach DS is an amazing 2D fighting game, hand held or otherwise, Tetris DS is pretty much the definitive version of Tetris, the Ouendan games and EBA are really good music games and Kirby is still one of the best games on the platform. I can only assume you don't like strategy games as to not love Advance Wars. That series is love.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
If you go through fewer than twenty games a year, of course you're not going to dig the handhelds. They're "gaming-lite". The only "must-play" portable games I can recall from last year are Phantom Hourglass, Hotel Dusk, Planet Puzzle League and maybe Dracula x Chronicles and Final Fantasy Tactics, but they're still both ports (this year is shaping up a lot better as the new Advance Wars, Professor Layton and Patapon are all must-haves coming out in Jan-Feb). It doesn't negate the fact that the library is amazing though. Looking back at the SNES, it has about 10-15 games that have stood the test of time as "classics". I see DS shaping up the same way; about ten or so all-time greats with an amazing library of really, really good games.

I also work for a mobile gaming site and always find myself on a train, so I probably have a lot more apt opportunity for gaming-on-the-go than most people.

Also, you should really check out a couple of games on the list unless you're totally put off by the genre. Bleach DS is an amazing 2D fighting game, hand held or otherwise, Tetris DS is pretty much the definitive version of Tetris, the Ouendan games and EBA are really good music games and Kirby is still one of the best games on the platform. I can only assume you don't like strategy games as to not love Advance Wars. That series is love.

I played the first AW, it was pretty great. Just never got the others for some reason.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Come on, you know there's not enough quality software on the DS for continuous play, 2D or otherwise. I dust mine off about once every six months when a new first party game comes out.
You're crazy! The DS has TRUCKLOADS of fantastic software. I thought the same thing, but truthfully there's something out there for every genre, and probably several instances of it. According to metacritic, there are *141* games above a 70-average rating on the DS.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a snob, but I pretty much only play 90+ games. There are three 90+ games for the DS on Meta (same number as on the PS3).

I'm glad that you guys have found so much to like on the DS, but I've played a lot of the games you guys are talking about and I just don't think most of them are worth my time.

Brian SD

Reaction score
True, I think jon and I both enjoy a lot of the more quaint aspects of the fun little games on DS which won't earn 90+ reviews because they're not huge-budget AAA games, but those are the ones I really love. Honestly I've spent more time playing Ghost Squad on Wii than probably any other video game in recent memory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads