• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope Pass IPA at Periodic Brewing in Leadville, CO. So tasty that it makes 10,200 feet feel like sea level!

E5FDC6F6-2D1E-49B1-ABCD-925BFA86360E.jpeg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

~ H

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

View attachment 1276983

~ H
Looks great!

Is the second bitters from the left Dr. Adam's Aphrodite Bitters? If so, what's your favorite use for them?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5ADB0F6F-66AF-4A8B-8A6E-6F626162F945.jpeg

Friday night Frenzy @ Bent Spoke

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to try this beer by Patagonia Provisions for some time. It’s good.

FCDD7017-55BE-4134-986A-9578B1981079.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CD08D9CA-E89C-4E99-B9D3-EE94B1A18F97.jpeg
mgc with fever tree mediterranean tonic with a slice of ruby grapefruit. Hair of the dog day afternoon.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It was a fun little project but took me way too long.

Is the second bitters from the left Dr. Adam's Aphrodite Bitters? If so, what's your favorite use for them?

Now that is a good eye! I use them in place of Bitterman's mole a lot. Also, in my Cure for Pain, and a cocktail I do (the recipe is on SF somewhere) called the Blue Mountain -- rum, arrack, Campari, Galliano Ristretto, vermouth, and the Aphrodite bitters).

I spy with my little eyes....a Pappy?

Yes, the 20. Though the 1978 Port Ellen and the A.H. Hirsch 16 are probably rarer.

~ H

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.45pm 32c Coruba dark & stormy in a long glass with plenty of ice.....probably the first of many.

Resistant

Reaction score
Friend hosted SMWS national rep. That mantle kept growing throughout the night

Attachments

• 6029A220-918A-46F6-97C1-49F2BF920929.jpeg
    6029A220-918A-46F6-97C1-49F2BF920929.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 29

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads