• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloody Kiwis first they don’t make the RWC final and now I find out that Squealing Pig Pinot Noir which originally was a straight Central Otago wine is now blended with grapes from Marlborough...Scheisse!

Any way does a functional job of washing down a penne pasta with fresh parsley, rosemary and oregano with just plucked garlic and chili with S&BP.

Resistant

Reaction score
How is it compared to the 16? Part of me is curious to try it. Another part of me fears it's going to fall into gimmicky bottles that aren't worth it compared to the standard (see House of Lannister edition)
I would say try before you buy. It’s nothing like the 16. Less sherry influence and less smoke. The peat comes off as a light hop in the malt Sort of effervescence peat. Dry finish does linger.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

~ H

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

View attachment 1276983

~ H
Looks great!

Is the second bitters from the left Dr. Adam's Aphrodite Bitters? If so, what's your favorite use for them?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5ADB0F6F-66AF-4A8B-8A6E-6F626162F945.jpeg

Friday night Frenzy @ Bent Spoke

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.