• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Resistant

Reaction score
How is it compared to the 16? Part of me is curious to try it. Another part of me fears it's going to fall into gimmicky bottles that aren't worth it compared to the standard (see House of Lannister edition)
I would say try before you buy. It’s nothing like the 16. Less sherry influence and less smoke. The peat comes off as a light hop in the malt Sort of effervescence peat. Dry finish does linger.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

~ H

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What is the feeling on the Peerless rye? What are people drinking for good rye these days?

Anyway, I've moved around a lot but eventually bought a house with a weird built-in china cabinet that used to go from floor to ceiling, but that was cut down at one point (you could see the marks on the ceiling). We were going to rip it out, but as I started to demo it, I saw that there was an added-on bit that was not original, but there was a much older base. The original carpenters used some wadded newspaper as a shim, and a quick Google of an article in that fragment dated it to when our house was built (1910), so we rethought the demo and I rebuilt the cabinet frim the frieze back up to the ceiling (9'6" high) and made it my bar. It's a little small, but it will do. Most people are surprised that my wife lets me fill the china cabinet with booze, but she likes my coctails, and the Japanese whisky collection is hers anyway, so it all works out.

View attachment 1276983

~ H
Looks great!

Is the second bitters from the left Dr. Adam's Aphrodite Bitters? If so, what's your favorite use for them?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5ADB0F6F-66AF-4A8B-8A6E-6F626162F945.jpeg

Friday night Frenzy @ Bent Spoke

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CD08D9CA-E89C-4E99-B9D3-EE94B1A18F97.jpeg
mgc with fever tree mediterranean tonic with a slice of ruby grapefruit. Hair of the dog day afternoon.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It was a fun little project but took me way too long.

Is the second bitters from the left Dr. Adam's Aphrodite Bitters? If so, what's your favorite use for them?
Now that is a good eye! I use them in place of Bitterman's mole a lot. Also, in my Cure for Pain, and a cocktail I do (the recipe is on SF somewhere) called the Blue Mountain -- rum, arrack, Campari, Galliano Ristretto, vermouth, and the Aphrodite bitters).

I spy with my little eyes....a Pappy?
Yes, the 20. Though the 1978 Port Ellen and the A.H. Hirsch 16 are probably rarer.

~ H

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.45pm 32c Coruba dark & stormy in a long glass with plenty of ice.....probably the first of many.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 269 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40