• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s apple pressing season, so fresh apple cider from the neighbor’s trees. I pressed this juice about 15 minutes before we tried it. Once I fill this jar, I’m making another batch of hard cider.

440EBF57-8B71-4E39-9817-710CA41177FD.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's that sapporo? is it special edition?

I just picked up a bunch of japanese beer at the local japanese market.
I’m not much of an expert on Japanese beer, so I don’t know. To be honest, I only discovered their long history of making beer, because I lived there for a couple of years. I know this can is different from what one normally associates with Sapporo, but I believe it’s called black label.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m not much of an expert on Japanese beer, so I don’t know. To be honest, I only discovered their long history of making beer, because I lived there for a couple of years. I know this can is different from what one normally associates with Sapporo, but I believe it’s called black label.

I think I've had it, real good.

this is my haul

0D50B2E9-943F-44B3-A054-AE4BA05CA66A.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've had it, real good.

this is my haul

View attachment 1687616
Of those you have, I found Orion to be a very pleasant surprise. As in most countries, the really good beer in Japan can be pricey, however Orion was not pricey at all. After trying it, I was very surprised at how amazing it was. Needless to say, I ended up drinking it regularly.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of those you have, I found Orion to be a very pleasant surprise. As in most countries, the really good beer in Japan can be pricey, however Orion was not pricey at all. After trying it, I was very surprised at how amazing it was. Needless to say, I ended up drinking it regularly.

Thats actually my favorite beer. I found it at a sushi place one time few years back and ever since I figured out total wine or the local Japanese market carry it I've been buying. I am not huge on beer as it fills me up too much but when I do drink it Japanese is the way to go.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve got my full gallon of juice for making hard cider with. The Campden tablets are doing their thing, and I’ll brew up some Maple Cider tomorrow for fermentation. :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats actually my favorite beer. I found it at a sushi place one time few years back and ever since I figured out total wine or the local Japanese market carry it I've been buying. I am not huge on beer as it fills me up too much but when I do drink it Japanese is the way to go.
I’m much the same way when it comes to beer, in terms of how often I drink it. However, my tastes are quite eclectic when selecting which one.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m much the same way when it comes to beer, in terms of how often I drink it. However, my tastes are quite eclectic when selecting which one.

I def lean to spirits because they dont fill me up as much.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to be super in to beer. Like i had to have the right glass and drink at right temperature and I would have really detailed tasting notes. But then i stopped drinking for about a year or two. When i started i realized i just didn't care as much but i still liked good beer. Then i kinda stopped being in to beer and now there's just so many breweries and so many things that don't fit into classic styles of beer i don't even try to keep up. And I've started liking lagers and cheap beer for their honesty and not having to worry about them they're always going to be good.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be super in to beer. Like i had to have the right glass and drink at right temperature and I would have really detailed tasting notes. But then i stopped drinking for about a year or two. When i started i realized i just didn't care as much but i still liked good beer. Then i kinda stopped being in to beer and now there's just so many breweries and so many things that don't fit into classic styles of beer i don't even try to keep up. And I've started liking lagers and cheap beer for their honesty and not having to worry about them they're always going to be good.
lol, that’s pretty funny, personally I tend to avoid the pretentious approach. I approached beer the same way I did cigars, wine, scotch, whiskey, shoes and clothes. I don’t give a lot of credence to reviews or critics, I try just about everything that interests me, throw out the stuff I don’t like and keep the stuff I do.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, that’s pretty funny, personally I tend to avoid the pretentious approach. I approached beer the same way I did cigars, wine, scotch, whiskey, shoes and clothes. I don’t give a lot of credence to reviews or critics, I try just about everything that interests me, throw out the stuff I don’t like and keep the stuff I do.

Oh man I live in SF and pretentious is pretty much everything here, from hipster beards, to IPAS to man buns.

I see these dudes always trying too hard to be into the trendiest thing.

The thing with taste is we are all different and have different palettes. I personally just like what I like. I definitely prefer lagers and stouts to IPAs, always have, will I drink an IPA here and there sure but I dont reach for it.

I am also not overly picky at events and what they have I take. At my house its another story, for beer usually keep Orion or something Japanese less known than Asahi and Suppro but I do love those as well.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then i kinda stopped being in to beer and now there's just so many breweries and so many things that don't fit into classic styles of beer i don't even try to keep up. And I've started liking lagers and cheap beer for their honesty and not having to worry about them they're always going to be good.
I was into beer in the early 90s, then lost interest. I like a good beer every now and then, but I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of offerings I see on the shelves. And the labels are unreadable to me, they all look the same. Every now and then I'll take a flyer, but I've got Coors banquet in the fridge. :lol:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orion is the generally most readily available Japanese beer in the states, which is still actually brewed in Japan. Seemed like I switched to it a long time ago, once Yebisu seemed to disappear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads