• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading for Main St Seal Beach in around an hour-ish for outside seated beverages...
Will update.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pear brandy Sidecar. Using the standard Sidecar recipe (2 oz. cognac, 0.75 oz. triple sec, 0.75 oz. lemon juice) and substituting Clear Creek pear brandy for the cognac, elderflower liqueur for triple sec, and lime juice for lemon juice. It's very good right now, but I'm going to tinker with the recipe a bit.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pear brandy Sidecar. Using the standard Sidecar recipe (2 oz. cognac, 0.75 oz. triple sec, 0.75 oz. lemon juice) and substituting Clear Creek pear brandy for the cognac, elderflower liqueur for triple sec, and lime juice for lemon juice. It's very good right now, but I'm going to tinker with the recipe a bit.

Another nice use for pear brandy is to sub it for the gin in a Last Word. Pear plays nice with Chartreuse.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another nice use for pear brandy is to sub it for the gin in a Last Word. Pear plays nice with Chartreuse.
Great minds think alike. My next step is to add a splash to 0.25 oz. of Green Chartreuse to the drink for color and added complexity.

I keep a bottle of pear brandy in the freezer at all times and use it like other people use St. Germain. A splash makes everything better.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sounds awesome. I have a local pear brandy I absolutely adore but always end up drinking it neat or (although it sounds like an affront to a fine liquor) with coke -- something about the bubbles and sugar makes the pear pop with an awesome effervescence that's just like, so good it's hard to explain.

Harvest-Spirits-Rare-Pear-Brandy_1024x1024.jpg

But I've been looking for more fun cocktail things to do with it. I'm going to have to try this (and any of your updates).

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I subbed out 0.25 oz. of the elderflower liqueur for Green Chartreuse. I think I like this modification better. Chartreuse is more assertive in standing up to the lime juice so it dials down the tartness of the drink while staying in the background.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was there in 2017. In 2019 I went to a quieter bierhaus to eat during Oktoberfest.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dqxvuc2.jpg

On to a more floraly aviation using up some more of that fresh squeeze key lime juice from earlier. Between that and the midsummer solstice it's a very nice take on the cocktail. Although I miss the color of using Empress 1908.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads