• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of the double walled glass similar to those, a bit wide but really like them.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoy them too. They’re my go to for anything with rocks. Have four tall ones for long drinks as well.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of St. Elder elderflower liqueur to replace my almost-empty bottle of St. Germain. The taste between the two is very similar. The major difference is in the mouth feel. St. Elder is light and crisp while St. Germain is heavy and syrupy. Think the difference between Combier and Cointreau (with a significantly lesser difference in taste). At around $15 less at my local liquor store, I think I might stick with the St. Elder going forward.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some newly acquired Nikka from the barrel. That is a heavy one at 51%, big ice cube was needed on that one.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of St. Elder elderflower liqueur to replace my almost-empty bottle of St. Germain. The taste between the two is very similar. The major difference is in the mouth feel. St. Elder is light and crisp while St. Germain is heavy and syrupy. Think the difference between Combier and Cointreau (with a significantly lesser difference in taste). At around $15 less at my local liquor store, I think I might stick with the St. Elder going forward.
It’s also American made!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reactions: ljl

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some newly acquired Nikka from the barrel. That is a heavy one at 51%, big ice cube was needed on that one.
My father in law is a scotch guy but loves that stuff. I recently spent an afternoon around town picking up 17 bottles for him, which will probably last him 6-8 months

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. That is a lot for a short period. I had a wee dram and man that is some strong stuff. Followed it up with some Siduri and was feeling it a bit.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. That is a lot for a short period. I had a wee dram and man that is some strong stuff. Followed it up with some Siduri and was feeling it a bit.
I first got him a bottle for Christmas a few years ago when it first started popping up. He loved it, lasted under a week. My state is liquor controlled, so the Nikka comes around every so often in gluts; if I don’t grab it when it’s here it could be 6 months before it comes back around, hence the 17 bottles

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite part about all the elderflower liqueurs is that elderflower isn’t the actual main flavor. It’s lychee. Taste St Germain and think lychee. Kinda ruined it for me.

That said St Elder is a wonderful product with a low ounce cost. It’s a way for you to put “elderflower” on your menu at 1/4th the cost of St G. Helps you move shit out of inventory by appealing to a certain demographic.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My father in law is a scotch guy but loves that stuff. I recently spent an afternoon around town picking up 17 bottles for him, which will probably last him 6-8 months
Most japanese whiskeys are in the scotch mold. (They even own some scottish distilleries - Ben Nevis)

Can't wait until I go back to Japan and can pick it up for ~$25

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.