• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jungle bird. Dont want to work.
20201015_163602.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this lady is much better

I don't drink a great deal of beer, but I love Duchess de Bourgogne. Probably my second favorite Flemish red, of those you can get in the States -- Duchess, the various Rodenbacks, Monk's, Cuvee des Jacobins, etc. My favorite is Ichtgem's, if you can find it -- similar flavor profile to Duchess, a little less sweet (which to me, is a little more balanced) but not nearly as sour as des Jacobins. Get it if you can, I think it is a phenomenal beer.

~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana agricole daiquiri

Ngl if you don't have a bottle of banane du bresil you need one now

Giffard has really been killing it. Do you have the Vanilla de Madagascar? Put a drop of that in your Daquiri -- the lime/vanilla/rum play is great. Great in some brandy, as well, almost like Navan from back in the day.

As for the Banane, the first time i had it was at this bar in a 18th century house outside of Boston that housed a Chinese restaurant and the bar program of the founder's son, Ran Duan. One of his cocktails, the Father's Advice, used it. Amazing food and drink experience at this place. Here's the recipe for the Father's Advice:

Pre-uber days, I spend the night at the freaking Extended Stay America hotel around the corner, just to be able to go to this bar. Was totally worth it.

- Frank

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played a round of golf in 95° weather, seemed prudent to rehydrate with tequila.

87788851-782A-4800-A34C-C20B9B7CDBA9.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Port Charlotte 6

My tasting notes are below, for those who geek out over this stuff.

Port Charlotte - PC6
Tasted: 10/16/20
Link: Master of Malt
Last price: $320

Nose
Drinking out a Riedel whiskey glass. On the nose I get a little dry rubber and petrol, but no ‘coughing heat.’ When I swirl the alcohol rises and that takes me aback a little. Noise is faint and not off-putting, despite the unflattering sounding notes (aged Rieslings also have a petrol note -- but this is like old car tires that have been baking in the sun for years -- very dry rubber). There’s also something floral back there -- call it wildflowers growing in the junkyard.

Taste
Surprisingly smooth on the palate - it has heat but it’s very subdued and rumbling under the surface -- sort of like a swirling eddy under the current, never quite coming up to the surface (I take small sips though).

I get a little creaminess, and it’s different one sip to the next (where it hits the tongue? How long I swirl in the mouth? How quickly I swallow?). Interesting -- this is a whiskey that changes with *how* you drink it (likely also changes with the glass - especially the concentration of alcohol on the nose).

It also numbs my mouth a little -- on the sides of the roof of my mouth -- like when you went in too quickly for a slice of pizza straight out of that 900 degrees Neapolitan fire brick oven. I’m getting more funk on the nose as I get further down in the glass -- again, not off-putting. I get some residual heat in the mouth - not alcohol heat, something different. It’s almost like “spice” heat.

Finish
The finish is not super long, but a very faint (and pleasing) note lingers -- sort of the ghost of the future tense -- what this might be if it settled down for many more years on wood. Again, that creaminess and chewiness.

All in all a very interesting pour!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't drink a great deal of beer, but I love Duchess de Bourgogne. Probably my second favorite Flemish red, of those you can get in the States -- Duchess, the various Rodenbacks, Monk's, Cuvee des Jacobins, etc. My favorite is Ichtgem's, if you can find it -- similar flavor profile to Duchess, a little less sweet (which to me, is a little more balanced) but not nearly as sour as des Jacobins. Get it if you can, I think it is a phenomenal beer.

~ H
For me it is Cuvee des Jacobins. That was the first flemish sour I ever had and it blew me away because I had no idea at the time that a beer could be like that. I don't think I've tried Ichtgem's so will need to look into it. I like all these others.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

~ H
Thank you for your suggestions on Flemish reds.
So far, apart from the Duchess, only some Rodenbach has been experienced.

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B1.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B3.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B4.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B5.jpg

Apologies for the wrong kind of drinking vessel.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions on Flemish reds.
So far, apart from the Duchess, only some Rodenbach has been experienced.

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B1.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B3.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B4.jpg

beer%2BRodenbach%2BClassic%2Bjune%2B2019%2B5.jpg

Apologies for the wrong kind of drinking vessel.
Ochin vkusny

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mai tai. I had about hald as much orange curacao as needed so added a bit more mai tai syrup and orgeat. Used vieux clement. Ngl i think i really like it

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trinitario sour.

Was supposed to use the new angostura chocolate bitters but thsy haven't made their way to atlanta yet. (Or anywhere as far as i can tell. In the best of times i don't think new types of bitters move quickly through the supply chains). So i used fes brothers Aztec chocolate. Probably a bit more spice than needed but its good. Seems a good fall tiki..

Egg white dry shake
Then
.75oz orgeat and angostura bitters
1 oz chocolate bitters white rum lemon

20201017_211257.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trinitario sour.

Was supposed to use the new angostura chocolate bitters but thsy haven't made their way to atlanta yet. (Or anywhere as far as i can tell. In the best of times i don't think new types of bitters move quickly through the supply chains). So i used fes brothers Aztec chocolate. Probably a bit more spice than needed but its good. Seems a good fall tiki..

Egg white dry shake
Then

View attachment 1479216
I had another. It was just as delicious.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trinitario sour.

Egg white dry shake
Then

View attachment 1479216
The diarrhea cocktail to complete the body excrement trifecta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads