• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Hopefully they enjoyed! Do you have a few preferred port wines?

He's saving it for their five year anniversary.

I'm sort of out of port these days. I mean, I've got several bottles old enough to drink, but I just don't find myself reaching for it. Last time I opened something good was with friends at Bouchons and I brought a bottle of 83 or 84 Graham's in for corkage. Everyone thought it was showing really well and there were some major wine folks at the table.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, I may move past this quickly, but I may give a vintage grahams a try. They sound pretty reliable.

My go-tos are always scotch and brandy, but branching out now and again might be interesting.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&T with Fever-Tree Indian tonic water.

Now sipping on some Laphroiag 10/QK/TW while finishing some hand-in excercises. Tasty (the Scotch).

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to spend most of this Tuesday at home waiting for the Internet technician to activate my internet access. If I'm in the mood--which will be very likely--, I'll open a bottle of Taylor's 10 early in the morning. I might also cook some Boeuf Bourguignon or so tomorrow to go with it.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple juice and Zubrowka over ice, a traditional, and very tasty, Polish cocktail. x2. I'll probably need one or two more drinks on the evening, but I don't know what they are yet.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also made my first mojito of the year yesterday with a few key limes sitting around instead of regular limes. Made with El Dorado 3 year. It tasted like summer.

DonaldGrins

Reaction score
I also made my first mojito of the year yesterday with a few key limes sitting around instead of regular limes. Made with El Dorado 3 year. It tasted like summer.

Looks really refreshing...

I just had a glass of coke and a glass of water awhile ago ;)

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sampled my "Stoli Doli" simple yet refershing and dangerously strong. Nice drink. I also made a batch of Manhattans ahead of time with Rittenhouse, Dolin, Regans and Angostura, left in shaker in the fridge for a hour or two. Came out really nice.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taylor's 10. Margarita.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So when I get too lazy to flip through my recipe books and don't want to make something off my greatest hits list, I improvise. Sometimes it turns out great, sometimes not so great. Tonight was good to okay, with plenty of room for improvement.

Improv 1:
1.5 measures gin,
.5 measure Benedictine
.5 measure Ginger liqueur
.5 measure Lemon Juice

Yes, if you're using a 1.5oz shot glass as one measure like I tend to, it's oversized at 4.75 oz. Adjust to your needs. Or buy larger cocktail glasses.

Don't think I put bitters in that one. It was pretty good, but only the top few notes of the benedictine came through with the gin and ginger competing for attention. If I were to do it again, I'd use something a less complex in that role- a one or two note honey liqueur with a brandy base, if that exists.

Improv 2:
1.5 measures Irish Whiskey (I bought a bottle of Clontarf, to see if $14 Irish Whiskey could be somewhat respectable. It's respectable in a mixed drink)
.5 measure Port
.5 measure Lemon Juice
splash of Grenadine
2 dashes Orange Bitters

It's reasonable. The base liquor could stand to have a bit more depth. The citrus comes through, and so does the Port, but the subtleties of the Irish whiskey (even a rough one) are lost. If you were to make this, I'd probably do it with something that has stronger underlying notes- a smoky or otherwise assertive scotch, or bourbon.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Radler.

German pils with a splash of Sprite in it. Sounds gross, but don't knock it till you try it, it's the most refreshing thing I know of and it is damn hot today.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred Loimer Rosé, Sazerac (Courvoisier VSOP).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads