• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Long day. Chillin out with a Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling.

That's some good stuff for its price point. Enjoy.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
That's some good stuff for its price point. Enjoy.

Thanks!
Now that I'm out of my parent's house and can't split a bottle with either of them, I haven't been drinking wine as much. I normally only have a glass or two with dinner, so it gets considerably more expensive when you have trouble finishing the bottle before it goes all crapola.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough price point right now. Siduri has a Sonoma Coast blend, not bad. Drylands Creek (I think) I had a bottle or two recently. No complexity, but easy to drink. Kim Crawford, nice wine for the price. Ironhorse was drinkable around that price.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll see if I can locate these locally.

rapdancin

Reaction score
currently drinking weyerbacher imperial pumpkin ale. this is an excellent fall beer, with a goofy label to boot

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wine newbie. I want to get a decent bottle that represents what's great about wine as an introduction of sorts. What's a good bottle to start with? Maybe drink it with some good cheese watching a good movie with girlfriend. Hopefully around $30.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black coffee.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White Manhattan (a la Huntsman):

2 oz Gin (first used Junipero, second used Old Raj)
1 oz Lillet Blanc
Splash Maraschino (Luxardo)
Rub of Lemon rind along the rim and inside the glass

The drink is amazing. The nose is winey with gin coming in after. The taste is a great mix of lillet/wine and juniper, and the maraschino cherry definately comes through as does the slight bitterness. The best part is the aftertaste. It lingers for a very long time with the taste of the spices of the Lillet.

The Junipero version had a more distinct juniper flavor and the gin stood its ground more. The Old Raj version seemed a little more blended. Old Raj does not have a strong juniper taste, but instead has a small kick from the saffron. All-in-all I enjoyed both greatly but would have to give the Old Raj version the award. The drink is great and I'm sure it will become a staple of my gin diet.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to add the pic to my last post. But, upon viewing, maybe it was better to leave it out. Sorry for the terrible pic.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad that you enjoyed it. I really need to get some Old Raj -- it is quite expensive gin!

arnuld

Reaction score
Milk
wink.gif
. No, I am serious its Milk.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Black coffee.

Stop this. We're deeply disappointed in you!

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
I am wine newbie. I want to get a decent bottle that represents what's great about wine as an introduction of sorts. What's a good bottle to start with? Maybe drink it with some good cheese watching a good movie with girlfriend. Hopefully around $30.

Piobaire: Aren't you a wine nut? Don't you also love cheese (I did a search and you rec igourmet.com)? Stalk my post in a useful manner for once
tounge.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop this. We're deeply disappointed in you!

Sometimes one needs to recover from the previous night's Scotch binging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads