• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weskits - The bastardisation of a style icon!

Flashman

Reaction score
Sirs,

New here, so forgive t'overtly sharp tone of t'note.

Re: Weskit - A waistcoat; a vest

The weskit or waistcoat or even vest as it is known - has been t'staple cherry on t'cake, t'cavair for t'champagne, t'Angelina to Brad...! :cough:
For the discerning gent, for t'refined and sartorially educated it has been an important additional to the complete look in a suit!

In the legal sector in England the barristers favor and wear it (as do many solicitors) as it is a look that is not only distinguishable and refined - but is a sign of exemplary effort and sign of additional care and thought taken by the man who could simply wear a 2 piece - but goes the extra mile and hits the 3 piece as his choice of attire!
A CUT ABOVE!

But in the recent seasons badly fitted, annoying pop stars and ignorant buffoons with bad hair cuts have been hi-jacking this most elegant of our gentleman wardrobe and attaching it with jean, t-shirt and trainers!!!
angry.gif

As a lover of the weskit i am aghast and appaled!!!
mad.gif

When will these moronic designers who lead astray the ignorant masses stop the bastardisation of this lovely style icon?
I am sad that person feel that a weskit that should be only ever worn as part of an ensemble feel it can be worn with t-shirts and trainers!

I had no objection to seeing Daniel Craig wearing a tweed jacket with a matching weskit and jean BUT with nice brown leather shoes - he got away with it - but he IS James Bond!
smile.gif

But too many others are causing a crime against fashion and i thinks tis time we stood up against this injustice!

Regards,

Flashy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads