• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
That sounds good. I can probably help you out a bit on the tailoring side of things. Since you mention wanting to incorporate prep-inspired items in your wardrobe, do you have a navy blazer as a start? Do you like tweed? And a related question, will you want to wear a jacket year round, even through the summer heat? If so, you'll need a seasonal wardrobe to cover all your bases.

I think you suggested somewhere you have been wearing jackets 2 to 3 sizes too small according the chest measurement, and that you should be wearing a jacket size 46 (in the 116/117cm ballpark). You advised me in an IG comment that you're 6'1", so you will benefit to get a 46L jacket if you can find it. Though not much locally off the rack comes in long sizes, I'm afraid.

I have some jackets that I've been looking to sell off for a while now that will probably fit you, and shouldn't need anything more than minimal alterations. The first that come to mind are a lightweight wool navy blazer, which is in new condition, and a beat up grey herringbone jacket circa the 80s. Made in Australia, but I forget the label. It's quite short on me, and maybe a fraction short for you too, but not obscenely so, and it will fit your chest and pair well with jeans. I might have shoes you're interested in too, depending on your size. Let me know if any of this interests you and whether you'd like any help with MTM in Adelaide. I've tried out a few options over the years.

I have a navy SB blazer but it is poor quality/fit and I want to replace it. I love tweed, and I only wear a jacket in the cooler months; the heat gets to me in the summer.

I have a fairly short torso and long legs so hopefully the need for an L size won't be too much.

Would be interested in the jackets and definitely keen to hear about the MTM places. Sounds like a catch up is in order!

Epicure

Reaction score
I have a navy SB blazer but it is poor quality/fit and I want to replace it. I love tweed, and I only wear a jacket in the cooler months; the heat gets to me in the summer.

I have a fairly short torso and long legs so hopefully the need for an L size won't be too much.

Would be interested in the jackets and definitely keen to hear about the MTM places. Sounds like a catch up is in order!
Yeah, that sounds like the way to go. I will be pretty busy for the next few weeks in the lead up to some leave I have planned, but let's touch base again come mid September regarding a time to meet.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Today's outfit. I think I would have preferred to wear black oxfords, if I had some. Next purchase...

How's the jacket fit-wise?

img_5142-jpg.1222706

img_5149-jpg.1222708

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads