• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#dogman

Attachments

• 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190812093733364_COVER.jpg
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190812093733364_COVER.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 56

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a guy I enjoy very much in the old forum - I think the his nick in the last months I saw his posts was New York Ranger, can’t remember the 1st he used - though he had a very peculiar way to dress: one day he could post him in a high class suit, tie and expensive shoes, and to follow, he would appear in old jeans, flannel shirt and heavy boots. Must say I couldn’t take his example, more as he had some large tattoos and I hate tattoos, but I liked his nonchalance, is way of saying “I don’t care a **** of what they they think about me” . Suprisingly, he had many people that liked him (me included, of course), here in another forum today in a totally decadence. I truly like those that like to break rules. I also try, but don’t achieve it that many times.

Yes, Rob (New York Ranger) had such enthusiasm for dressing and always looked good in what he wore. I speak in past tense only since I think his tastes run to more streetwear now, and doubt he posts here much anymore at all..

krudsma

Reaction score
So what's the fundamental difference between CM Casual and Streetwear and Denim?

For me, I think of Streetwear as Supreme and whatnot. So I think I'm wearing CM casual. But is that true?

Also I think I got my denim fit dialed in.

You've done it. Best fitting pair of pants I've seen you post. Nice work.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've done it. Best fitting pair of pants I've seen you post. Nice work.
@flipstah the jeans look great; fit is spot-on. And that's an awesome jacket.
Well put together!

Thanks gents! Blessed to know a set of people who are willing to provide feedback and make me a better dressed man. It's definitely a positive experience for me here.

Definitely a lot more unmentioned and you know who you are. I appreciate it and I hope it doesn't stop.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what's the fundamental difference between CM Casual and Streetwear and Denim?

The best definition I’ve heard is that CM casual is what people who are into fine Italian tailoring, or wear suits to work, or say “timeless” and “classic” a lot or get a mild erotic jolt from *rules* are wearing on their days off.

Epicure

Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea of what I want and the styles I like, mostly tailored looks with a bit of prep and classic work/moto wear for casual. While my budget is low for the moment I'm looking to build a long-lasting wardrobe so am not fussed on having to put it together over a considerable period of time. Certainly not expecting SF standards quickly, at my age there is plenty of time to get there.

I get to the east coast on occasion so I don't need to build a full wardrobe just from Adelaide either. I'd certainly be interested in learning what you have to share.
That sounds good. I can probably help you out a bit on the tailoring side of things. Since you mention wanting to incorporate prep-inspired items in your wardrobe, do you have a navy blazer as a start? Do you like tweed? And a related question, will you want to wear a jacket year round, even through the summer heat? If so, you'll need a seasonal wardrobe to cover all your bases.

I think you suggested somewhere you have been wearing jackets 2 to 3 sizes too small according the chest measurement, and that you should be wearing a jacket size 46 (in the 116/117cm ballpark). You advised me in an IG comment that you're 6'1", so you will benefit to get a 46L jacket if you can find it. Though not much locally off the rack comes in long sizes, I'm afraid.

I have some jackets that I've been looking to sell off for a while now that will probably fit you, and shouldn't need anything more than minimal alterations. The first that come to mind are a lightweight wool navy blazer, which is in new condition, and a beat up grey herringbone jacket circa the 80s. Made in Australia, but I forget the label. It's quite short on me, and maybe a fraction short for you too, but not obscenely so, and it will fit your chest and pair well with jeans. I might have shoes you're interested in too, depending on your size. Let me know if any of this interests you and whether you'd like any help with MTM in Adelaide. I've tried out a few options over the years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads