• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3036.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg

I like sweater + suit/ blazer for a more casual setting, but always think turtle neck is better, unfortunately, my neck is quite sensitive and the best I can do is the half neck sweater like last post or the crew neck ones.
55E41DDC-7D7C-402F-B4E4-911C673AF2B2-9806-00000516C7FC2938.jpeg
4AA2BE31-3881-43C9-B531-42EBF10171CA-9806-00000516D75992C4.jpeg
IMG_3044.jpeg

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Encore, I can see that you're going for a muted combination, but I think it's gone too far. The purple socks are a lovely bit of liveliness, but the sweater and the jacket are too toned down together. I'd change the sweater or the jacket.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I belive posting a picture invites feedback. To say you just want to post is kind of like
celebrities complaining about being bothered by fans. No one will give feedback if you don’t post. Not trying to discourage the sensitive but the possibility of feedback is inherent in the forum since there is no “turn off comments“ option, just reply options.

As far as some people being about criticism, I doubt the older posters who still post consistently have any issues with being critiqued

What is pretty damn annoying, respectfully done or not, is unnecessary repitition.

Dude wears a fresco jacket. You say “I hate fresco and think it would be better without fresco.” Dude says thanks . Dude posts a fresco suit. You say, “as you know, I don’t care for Fresco but the rest is…” Dude likes your post and replies “to each their own.”
Dude post a new Fresco jacket. You say” as you know I don’t care for…”
At this point, we know who you are, the guy knows you don’t like fresco, so you can now commence with shutting the hell up about fresco.
Pulling out the heart of this comment because it deserves to be read again and taken to heart by some folks here:

What is pretty damn annoying, respectfully done or not, is unnecessary repitition.

Dude wears a fresco jacket. You say “I hate fresco and think it would be better without fresco.” Dude says thanks . Dude posts a fresco suit. You say, “as you know, I don’t care for Fresco but the rest is…” Dude likes your post and replies “to each their own.”
At this point, we know who you are, the guy knows you don’t like fresco, so you can now commence with shutting the hell up about fresco.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stylewords

Reaction score
Pulling out the heart of this comment because it deserves to be read again and taken to heart by some folks here:

Brilliant. Repeating a post about unnecessary repetition.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When can we differentiate between constructive criticism or trolling here?

If a so called VIP or distinguished individual comments it is constructive criticism and if someone who hasn't posted here much says anything its called trolling?

Just like if someone is popular and dressed like crap we are suppose to like what he is wearing? and if someone who is simply trying to post here who is not so popular is judged with a fine tooth comb the trousers are not wide enough or long enough should have been 2 cms wider or longer?

How can we encourage someone who is trying to build a wardrobe or someone who has stated their professional career to benefit anything from this forum when we sometimes pass judgement so severe that might hurt an individual pride or ego that may lead to discouragement?

I have seen a lot here and I have seen poster boys dress like crap that still get 1 million likes on IG and here just because they can never go wrong!

Some of the stuff i see is harsh!! not to me as I have a thick skin but I think we all as gents can also be a bit sensitive before passing judgement to someone who is still in the learning curve to building a CM wardrobe!

So many things are not SF approved!!
Good post.
I always have a chuckle to myself when I see one of the SF ‘elite’ post up some absolute car crash of an outfit as they obviously have lost their boundaries and are riding on the hubris of their online rep. Said outfit gets a ton of likes and compliments for being ‘daring’ or ‘innovative’ or ‘pushing the envelope’ I just think to myself if that same outfit had been posted by a noob he would have been absolutely slaughtered on here. Such is the daily enigma of SF!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brilliant. Repeating a post about unnecessary repetition.
What can I say? Some people are clearly hardheaded, so extraordinary measures are required.

clothingfun

Reaction score
Howdy again all and I hope everyone is well. One of our sons and his wife gifted me a great fleece jacket last month for Christmas. It finally got cold enough here for me to wear it today and I wanted to share as darn I really like it! Ariat jeans and Cuadra cowboy boots in full quill ostrich. Everyone have a great day.

IMG_5736.jpeg

IMG_5749.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy again all and I hope everyone is well. One of our sons and his wife gifted me a great fleece jacket last month for Christmas. It finally got cold enough here for me to wear it today and I wanted to share as darn I really like it! Ariat jeans and Cuadra cowboy boots in full quill ostrich. Everyone have a great day.

View attachment 2117347

View attachment 2117349
Im not as familiar with western wear styling, but I think the jeans would look a bit better shorter and might last longer if they don’t drag in the back. Besides it is a shame to cover up those boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads