1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. theBigwig

theBigwig Well-Known Member

2. Crat

Crat Senior member

Espadrilles are lovely in summer if you don't have to walk too far. They shouldn't bee too expensive imo as they don't last for more than a season.

1 person likes this.
  3. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Yes, they're. Great for hot weather, I've almost a dozen in different colors and designs, the beat-up ones are donned exclusively at home.

1 person likes this.
  4. acecow

acecow Senior member

Green on green. Apologies for lens distortion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  5. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

[​IMG]

Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but this thread is fun.

Southwick for Epaulet jacket
    Epaulet University Stripe Popover
    Saks Knit Tie
    Epaulet Grey 120's trouser
    TUK Creepers

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    9 people like this.
  6. Crat

Crat Senior member

Xrevenge! nice to see you here : )

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

You have the same issue I get with most RTW trousers, where those diagonal creases appear around the back of the thigh, and again where the knee locks. I think it comes from a posture where the pelvis is relatively forward compared to the vertical through the body. My posture is more exaggerated (read: worse) than yours though. Ah well, I blame it on a combination of genetics and too much time hunched over a monitor... [​IMG]

I see your green on green, and offer a blue on blue. I'm also continuing my experiment with buttoning up my polos when wearing a jacket with them; I'm liking it so far. BTW, who made your jacket?

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. acecow

acecow Senior member

Haha, yours is blue on blue on blue, which is way cooler than just my green on green. The jacket is Boglioli.

I have this issue with all my trousers. It's likely due to my rather meaty behind, but it could also be the posture. However, my posture is pretty straight, at least I like to think so; if it is the cause, then the "problem" is the cut of the trousers. Maybe our posture is too good for RTW?

9. atoms

atoms Senior member

I enjoy this outfit very much, I also think the fit is very attractive for you.

10. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I know this is super nitpicky, but I wish the print covered the entire front of the shirt, T.

12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

With Commes Des Garcon.. you cannot wish... only take what you are given and be thankful...

now be gone!!!

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Went to the tailor the other day. He agreed on posterior pelvic tilt. And a flat ass. If you have either, you get the creases. The flat rear screws with the rear rise and the pelvic tilt messes with the waistband, where it's designed to sit v where it sits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently have the above trousers at someone considered the best tailor in Phoenix. If he does well, he gets the other 9 trousers I have. It's not cheap to fix either. Lowering the waistband, adjusting the rise, and some other stuff. It sucks.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

great fit, Tril. what color are the pants?

16. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

I'm not a tailor, but, in my opinion, the fit is subpar, it needs to be adjusted for a long back balance. Also, the trouser's silhouette could be wider.

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Mine? Absolutely sub par. They'll be fixed soon. Aceow? No way. His are great. The line sucks but it can be fixed. And every pair he gets will be like that until they do.

18. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm quite curious about this fit issue. I refuse to believe it's due to a flat butt, because mine is the opposite of flat. It may be a whole different reason altogether. If you find out, do let me know. It's not a big deal, but if there is a simple fix, I'd like to know about it.

I looked at the pictures, and yours is definitely more pronounced in the case of those gray trousers. Mine is quite minor and I can live with it.

19. acecow

acecow Senior member

Are you talking about mrjester's fit or mine? I think neither are too slim, but there seems to be a similar issue with the bunching up at the thighs. Hopefully, mrjester's tailor will fix it and we'll know the reason for this.

20. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Well I have both. A flat arse and posterior pelvic tilt. The pelvic tilt is remedied by the waist band, as far as I can tell. Take your pants and pull them up in the back and it's gone. But you have to mess with the entire pair of pants to get it to sit right like that and not look weird. The tailor said it may take more than one trip. I'll post Saturday.

Back to awesome fits? You won't see many from me now. They're all board shorts.

eta: You are right.. neither are too slim. They're both great. They may LOOK slimmer than they should be due to the weird crease "poofing" out the sides. But they're not.