• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apologies for even worse lighting than usual, but I didn't take a pic of this outfit from yesterday until the evening. Still trying to make these jeans work, sort of...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ awesome ^^

Trimming around the neck will be nice if you want a "clean" bearded look. But, from my bearded times, I think it's not easy. I always went too far and had to shave all of it.
P.S. "Bearded" is a word, right? My english is not that good and sometimes a find new words ;)

yes, i do prefer the more cleaned up look. but clearly i prefer being lazy even more. its really not to hard, i have a collection of professional grade trimmers tat do the trick.

yes, i think bearded is a word. :)

What shoes (color, style, last) are those sir. Thank you.

gaziano and girling MTO westminster, MH71 last, in vintage oak. my pleasure.

also, lol @ me being a sir. :p

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so since yesterday was a super rare fit pic, this one is quasi-rare:

Sak's Blue Gingham dress shirt
Small baller cashmere sweater
PRL Tie
Louis Raphael navy pantaloons
J&M - These are my beaters for more active days at work.

Bring it Teger, you sonofabitch!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IC, again, i imagine you will get some of the same criticisms. over all, i like it, even if some elements are more dressy than others.

----

triple x post for fun!

Untitled-29.jpg

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like what Stitch? Is it the sweater that's too casual for the rest? I kept textures less formal, and the gingham is less formal and stripes or solids in my view. I tried to add some patterns to break up the monotony, as mentioned in my prior fit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Like what Stitch? Is it the sweater that's too casual for the rest? I kept textures less formal, and the gingham is less formal and stripes or solids in my view. I tried to add some patterns to break up the monotony, as mentioned in my prior fit.

idk maaaan, im no expert. im just preempting the fit critique police. maybe the tie strikes me as a tad dressier than the rest.

idrk, like i said, i like it. :)

Last edited:

UncleCozy

Reaction score

You weren't supposed to see that UC...I'm looking for a replacement currently. Anything regarding the rest of it?

Colour combination is ace, would've gone with suede shoes myself - but the tie takes it to the skies.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's fit after something like 12 hours at the office.

10_25_12.jpg

I tried to do some whitebalance adjustment as I'm taking pics at night with standard house lights. Probably means I should get home earlier...

pic is tiny. reloading.

Last edited:

Scotty

Reaction score
Nice autumn colors and good fit, to me anyway. :fonz:

Today's fit after something like 12 hours at the office.

10_25_12.jpg

I tried to do some whitebalance adjustment as I'm taking pics at night with standard house lights. Probably means I should get home earlier...
pic is tiny. reloading.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Colour combination is ace, would've gone with suede shoes myself - but the tie takes it to the skies.

haha. thats the only thing i didnt really like. but ive never been really keen on a tie with sweaters though.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idk maaaan, im no expert. im just preempting the fit critique police. maybe the tie strikes me as a tad dressier than the rest.
idrk, like i said, i like it. :)

It's okay not to criticize something in someone's outfit you know. Sometimes everything looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads