1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Just a lurker here I dont post fits so I figure I should probably stay outta the dialogue but on the subject of covering or distorting the face in some way , I find it to be a real distraction . All my focus seems to go there instead . I mean arnt properly designed clothes intended to draw the attention to the face ? Then you have this blank/ distorted space. Very awkward imo. I understand the motivation .Im not sure I would want my mug all over the internet either but from an aesthetic point of view just sayin .

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

Just to show I'm a real life person. Here's my weekend wear. I'm sure blue suede is frowned upon but I love it with this outfit.

11 people like this.
  3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I like it very much.

1 person likes this.
  4. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Very nice and casual. Linen jacket?

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Yes sir. Kent Wang MTM linen hounds tooth.

Along with KW pocket square, Carmina uetams, Epaulet Rivet Chinos and Luxire shirt.
    Thanks guys! First actual fit in 500+ posts.

6. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Details on jacket please... Way cool color and fit....

Thank you

2 people like this.
  7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

It's #7734 from Kent Wang. Standard lapels, size equals about a 38L. Round patch pockets for hips and chest pocket. Half lined.

I was seriously skeptical about the fabric, it doesn't look appealing to me on the swatch. My girlfriend suggested it and I keep thanking her for it. It's seriously excellent.

8. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Looks closer to #7719 to me. What's the material?

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

It's definitely 7734. 100% linen. I don't like Herringbone on sports coats. Don't ask me why. But I love hounds tooth.

10. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Thanks guys. Polo is merino from Johnstons of Elgin

[​IMG]

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thought I'd post one of my casual fits for once.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Mr Jester looks excellent. Nice business casual look without resorting to the boring brooks shirt, chinos and penny loafers. Well done.

Sorry Monkeyface but this is a dog's dinner. Shirt looks like you were wearing it while painting the ceiling. Are those pleated denim dress pants? (Oxymoron!). And whatever they are they are tapered so aggressively they make you look like you are wearing clown shoes. Not sure what you were going for here - did you to think you looked maaahvellous or were you experimenting?

13. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Winter at São Paulo.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yep, they were custom made by Luxire. I'm well aware of the fact that it breaks all the rules, but sometimes it's fun to play around with existing concepts and see how far you can go. I had never seen jeans with side adjusters and pleats before, so I was wondering how it would look like. $99 for custom made Japanese selvedge denim is pretty cheap, so I don't mind experimenting a little.
    I'm pretty happy with how these turned out though, they made them exactly how I asked. I agree, they're tapered a little too much at the moment, the leg opening is around 7". I can let them out a little, and the next time I'll probably go for 7.5". I do think jeans should be slightly slimmer than dress pants though, but that might be something from when I used to wear skinny jeans. Anyway, the 'dress jeans' are still a work in progress.

I don't see the correlation between the shirt and painting ceilings. It's a normal Gitman Vintage chambray shirt, except for the fact that it's patterned. Or do you just don't like chambray?
    Here's a closeup of the shirt:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

This is so simple yet so fantastic, especially the fit and namely those pants look to fit you perfectly!

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks! Pretty much exactly what I aimed for, except it's weekend casual really. Linen jacket, chinos, sockless, blue suede string loafers.. love it. I love the Carmina Uetams so much, I've got my 3rd pair as an MTM coming in a few months. Blue, Snuff and Brown (the MTM).

Going to probably take it in to the tailor for maybe 1cm waist suppression on Monday. Just got another one from KW and putting in a houndstooth sports coat order as soon as July hits.

Closeup of the loafers (slightly lighter in real life)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  17. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Nice summer (winter!) casual but boy do those shoes need an upgrade!

18. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

It's part of the Southern Brazil culture (the gaúchos). You buy them and you don them until they literally fall apart, which is quite close for the pictured ones. [​IMG]

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

joshua and mrjester, looking good.

1 person likes this.
  20. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member