1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think you're right on a lot of that.

As far as the rises, that can be messed with and adjusted but taking in the rear rise fixes some, not all. If perfect is '10' and where we're at at the start (my pants fit) is '2', adjusting the rear rise gets it to 4. Adjusting the waistband in the rear gets it to 7. There's other things you can do to get it to an 8 but it won't ever be a 9 or 10 for MTM or OTR with the angle I stand at. Sucks but that is life.

Adjusting the rises.. eg if you took out the front and took in the back, it won't 'tilt' anything, it'll just make the front deeper for no reason (giving you a FUPA appearance) and the rear will fix some of it but if you have a 'normal person ass', it also gives you a wedgie. You have to mess with the waistband as well as the rise and seat.

Check this out if you've got the time..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Tieless Monday! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

The dreaded Navy

5. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Both, but I's referring to yours in my comment. I think that his suffers from his posture issue, but either way it should be accounted in the trousers fit, so his are also subpar on fit.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Well thank you for posting that they are subpar after I post a picture pointing out the subpar fit and the fixes for the various issues.

[​IMG]

8. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

We are witnessing history here people.

3 people like this.
  9. Victor Elfo

Despite of agreeing if you about the subpar fit of your trousers, I also provided another diagnosis, because I do think that yours were not right ("lowering the waistband, adjusting the rise, and some other stuff"). So, my comment was clearly not stating the obvious...

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I guess we'll see. I get them back from the tailor Saturday (that's if there's no other work to be done).

As far as the width of the pants, I believe they're great. I wouldn't have the knees or opening any wider, if that's what you meant by a wider shilouette. I'm sticking with the idea that the look is altered by the warped upper-area and will be much better once that is fixed.

11. acecow

acecow Senior member

Interesting information, but I fixed it for you a little bit. So far, this hasn't really bothered me much, as this effect is diminished when moving. Only standing at attention like posing for a picture here shows it to the full extent. I will definitely keep track of how my trousers fit. I do have a slight dip in my lower spine, but my pelvis seems to be pretty leveled. At least that's what I concluded after gazing affectionately at myself in the mirror this morning. We'll see, it's an interesting fit problem to tackle.

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

The choice of trouser width is a stylistic choice up to a certain degree. It may affect fit in some ways, but this is not it. A different cut is needed, not a wide knee or leg opening.

13. Victor Elfo

Yes, I did not refer to it as the solution to your trousers issue, just a stylistic preference of mine. Your trousers were not cut for your posture and hence the fit problem.

14. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Trying out a new type of shot? Looking good man!

1 person likes this.
  15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Major rush getting ready this am. Quick shower, no shave, casual everything. Photo only when I got back in. I do not like rushing...

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

I'll state something obvious about trouser fit.

Do not carry stuff in your trouser pockets, especially with lightweight fabrics. Of course, if you must carry stuff, have it in there when tailoring.

Cheers,

17. SHS

SHS Senior member

Really nice casual HF. Details on the shoes and jacket?

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. cyclingdutchman

cyclingdutchman Member

20. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks Joshua! Yes, unfortunately the shoes are not that clear, but you get the idea. [​IMG]