• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VOTE: Fit of the Week :)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
What do I win?

If you follow challenge rules, I would assume you would have to select fits of the week next. It is Friday, you know
devil.gif

However, this is Holdfast's spawn, so Ill let him pipe up.
smile.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
If you follow challenge rules, I would assume you would have to select fits of the week next. It is Friday, you know
devil.gif
However, this is Holdfast's spawn, so Ill let him pipe up.
smile.gif

As mentioned earlier, aeglus wins nothing but the poll. That is both his reward, and his punishment. As for another poll, I think I've said elsewhere that this one was a spontaneous thing, born out of boredom mingled with delight at seeing five good outfits spanning the range of the MC subforum formality range, so thought this poll could highlight what I thought were good looks. You're all winners, darlings.
tongue.gif
I don't plan on doing this regularly, but may do so again at some point in the future if the WAYWRN threads (regular & conservative business dress) have a particularly interesting (in a good way) week and I want to highlight some neat looks from it. However, my laziness about making this regular should not bar anyone else from doing a similar thread for themselves if they wish!
biggrin.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
However, my laziness about making this regular should not bar anyone else from doing a similar thread for themselves if they wish!
biggrin.gif

I actually miss compiling my lists on Friday nights around this time....
devil.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, bumping this two-month-old thread, but I think we should do this on a weekly basis. The winner for each week (if willing) selects the fits for the following week. (This also would prevent a winner from taking the title two times in a row, for better or worse, and assuming the winner doesn't choose himself as one of the contestants for the next week.)

Thoughts?

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With Victor in the mix, the Friday challenge suddenly sounds interesting...
Yeah, bumping this two-month-old thread, but I think we should do this on a weekly basis. The winner for each week (if willing) selects the fits for the following week. (This also would prevent a winner from taking the title two times in a row, for better or worse, and assuming the winner doesn't choose himself as one of the contestants for the next week.)

Thoughts?
So Victor wins every other week ?? :)

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Victor in the mix, the Friday challenge suddenly sounds interesting...

Thoughts?
So Victor wins every other week ?? :)
His name isn't "Victor" by accident.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt Foo, as is Iammatts, look good. But, mao^2 has some interesting futures I haven't seen for a long long time, other than a picture (granddad had a suit coat with similar of these futures, that I looked at within a few years). mao^2 shoulders, sleeve cap and sleeves are unique. The sleeves should have a little more curve in them to fit the arm. Lots of the arts of tailoring are gone, and what is sad is coats today look alike with minor differences that some people think are big differences. So, it is nice to see mao^2's coat, which is distinctly different, instead of the same old same old which is practically what everybody else wears.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads