• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eyeglasses & Optician in Los Angeles area

bringBackSpats

Reaction score
Today I went to Four Your Eyes on Venice and to my surprise and dismay the shop was no longer there. It's been probably over 5 years since I shopped there.

Does anyone know of a good place in LA to get new old stock vintage eyeglasses.

Furthermore, does anyone know of a good optician? Not LensCrafters etc. I'm looking for a true brick and mortar shop that will be able to handle vintage eyewear repairs etc.

Thanks.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's a place on Green St. in Pasadena called Old Focals. Hotel de Ville on Rosewood at Fairfax. Jack's Eyewear on La Brea near American Rag. I heard there's a new place right next door to Alpha Man on Melrose in West Hollywood.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Advice: If you want real vintage frames at a good price and dont mind shopping around, go look for some nice high end, single location, and ask if they have any old stock. They should have some old (vintage) stock that they will let go for cheap. If you go to a trendy store/ site, they will overcharge you by A LOT. Vintage Dunhill, Gucci, Dior and so on could run you upwards of $350 (In Toronto, ON, Canada at least) but find a good store and they will be giving it to you for nearly nothing.

Michel

Reaction score
If there is anyone that are into eye glasses either trendy or vintage please visit this web site , you will find great optical wear at an amazing price . All the eye wears are true vintage from the 70.s and 80.s from France and Italy. You can then take them to your optician and get you prescription filled, go to it . You will be happy you did and one more thing, if you like what you see please post a message on the forum and pass on the web site address to other people that might need eye wear. thank you to all of you.
http://www.eyeofthebeholdereyewear.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads