• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 2 of a week long and hard fought trial. Decided to go with this mystery Florsheim shell PTBs from @davidVC 'S list. E-thrifted from a Salvation Army ebay account. A cobbler skilfully rebuilt with house leather and then added sole protectors.

I hit them with VSC last night and now they're blooming like crazy.

R2D2 cufflinks and watch for a long day ahead.
FB_IMG_1680005997445.jpg
FB_IMG_1680006000694.jpg
FB_IMG_1680006004131.jpg
FB_IMG_1680005997445.jpg
FB_IMG_1680006000694.jpg
FB_IMG_1680006004131.jpg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is time for one of those public service announcements about being careful of what some seller on Ebay is trying to sell under the shell cordovan label. At first glance, this looks like a superb find where the seller does not realize what a steal they are offering.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.23 AM.png

But then one notes the inner label says Made in India and the soles are not V-cleated or 5 nailed.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 9.27.48 AM.png

Wait! Many of us will recognize that green cloth showing the uppers. It is used by another seller who has had this pair listed forever.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 9.30.28 AM.png

So, it appears the seller of the cheap pair lifted the picture of a real pair of uppers from another ad. No telling what they actually look like in real life. So, be careful out there when something looks too good to be true.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE sharkskin Warton…
5AAE8409-8EE9-46C2-B7AF-90A03795B611.jpeg
5627B0C7-5619-4F81-8EC0-9D2C0497F06D.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday. These were gifted by @Shoonoob. I never thought I could pull off spectators. After this pair, I've bought 3 more (converted Hanovers, AE Broadstreet, and Jarman for Sears). These always draw compliments.

I always hesitate to ask for proof of life. But if any other regular member wants to let us know they're still here, give us a shout out. This community remains my favourite and I think of you all as dear friends.

And a Seiko mod that I commissioned to homage the Seiko SPB299.

The Crown (prosecution) is wrapping up their evidence today. Tomorrow I will work on final submissions and then make my pitch to the judge Friday morning. If I can't persuade her with my advocacy, at least I'll wear nice shoes.

Happy Wednesday, shoe pals. Give a shout out.
20230329_075826.jpg
20230329_075831.jpg
20230329_080203.jpg

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday. These were gifted by @Shoonoob. I never thought I could pull off spectators. After this pair, I've bought 3 more (converted Hanovers, AE Broadstreet, and Jarman for Sears). These always draw compliments.

I always hesitate to ask for proof of life. But if any other regular member wants to let us know they're still here, give us a shout out. This community remains my favourite and I think of you all as dear friends.

The Crown (prosecution) is wrapping up their evidence today. Tomorrow I will work on final submissions and then make my pitch to the judge Friday morning. If I can't persuade her with my advocacy, at least I'll wear nice shoes.

Happy Wednesday, shoe pals. Give a shout out. View attachment 1928647 View attachment 1928649 View attachment 1928651
Still around. AE
C3EB0D7A-2FA7-4DA4-A9B8-FEC8FEC6C6E4.jpeg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still alive here, and checking the thread daily. Lots of hitting the Like button on all the great shoes you all still share, but very little posting from my side.

100% work from home for the past year has really cut into how often I wear my vintage shoes. I have a few project pairs that I really need to finish, so I just need to get up the motivation to work on and post those.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Wednesday, shoe pals. Give a shout out. View attachment 1928647 View attachment 1928649 View attachment 1928651
Still here! Is that a Grand Seiko?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still alive here, and checking the thread daily. Lots of hitting the Like button on all the great shoes you all still share, but very little posting from my side.

100% work from home for the past year has really cut into how often I wear my vintage shoes. I have a few project pairs that I really need to finish, so I just need to get up the motivation to work on and post those.

Convert some pairs for wearing indoors only.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the judge doesn’t shout “yes to the shoes!” I’ll be disappointed. Great stuff all around. Good luck with the case.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy plain toe Thursday. Florsheim.

IMG_2695.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just don't wear shoes indoors here in Japan, or Hawaii for that matter. Wearing shoes indoors is completely foreign to me. :p

Same here. But since I mostly WFH, I started an indoor only collection. I think it's time I accept I have an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads