• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gte872h

Reaction score
Has anyone received a shipping notice yet for the 310s on .com? Haven't received mine yet. Probably due to the holiday over the weekend.

Graemsay

Reaction score
I asked Drew about replacing a ripple sole, as the ones on my Scout boots are a little worn now.

He said that the runner, which I think is the thin, white layer between the midsole and sole unit, was stitched on, but the sole was glued. So it should be possible just to peel it off, and stick a replacement on.

The thick, white heel padding is (I think) part of the sole unit, so should be removed when the new sole is fitted.

So something like a 2060 should be a pretty straightforward replacement. Which is what IIIrd Icon said.

Personally I'd stick with the ripple for the time being, as they're super comfortable to walk on. They wear down relatively fast, so think about replacing them when they become a problem.

I'd avoid Cat's Paws. They don't wear well over the long term, and whilst that's fine if you've got fifty pairs of boots, it'll mean replacement is needed sooner than you might otherwise. (And if the Hopper is remade, use a Vibram heel.)

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and yes Notre & 2030 (wear a lot with grey Wilshire).

That is perfect with grey Wilshires.

Glad you mentioned the pairing as I have a nice pair of grey denim from LD&Co(I'm one of the lucky ones) that'll go with my black horsehide derbies.

I really can't take my eyes off those boots. Noice.

If I didn't just get the black horsehide derbies on the 1035, same sole and leather edge brown trim etc, I might have bought my first 2030. Very similar look.

Exalted_One

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get these in a size 8?

melquiad

Reaction score
Another sizing post!
Well, I spent about a half hour searching SF, and combing over this thread, but there's very little info about 310 sizing.
I guess it's not surprising considering how rare 310 makeups are.

Those of you owning 310's, would you go with the same size as the 2030, or as the 110?
I know that some people go with the same size across all Viberg lasts, but there are some who go a half size down for the 110 (I'm one of them! :)

I was looking at shots of the actual lasts, and the 310 appears to be as narrow (overall) as the 2030, but with a very round toe box.

Thanks!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sizing post!
Well, I spent about a half hour searching SF, and combing over this thread, but there's very little info about 310 sizing.

Those of you owning 310's, would you go with the same size as the 2030, or as the 110?
I know that some people go with the same size across all Viberg lasts, but there are some who go a half size down for the 110 (I'm one of them! :)

I was looking at shots of the actual lasts, and the 310 appears to be as narrow (overall) as the 2030, but with a very round toe box.

Thanks!

That is my experience, that despite the round toe and overall chunkiness the 310 was narrower than I expected. They do make it in both D and E widths, but now that MTO is over I don't know if the E width will ever be available really. I have never worn 2030s, but the 310 did feel significantly more narrow than the 110s I had. Lengthwise, I am not sure about...

gte872h

Reaction score

Another sizing post!

Thanks!

I will find out soon when the 310s are delivered. I also size down 0.5 when going from 2030 to 110 or 2005. I have some extra room lengthwise on the 2030 so it hasn't been an issue so far when I size down 0.5. Hopefully that's also true for the 310.

melquiad

Reaction score
That is my experience, that despite the round toe and overall chunkiness the 310 was narrower than I expected. They do make it in both D and E widths, but now that MTO is over I don't know if the E width will ever be available really. I have never worn 2030s, but the 310 did feel significantly more narrow than the 110s I had. Lengthwise, I am not sure about...

Thanks linafelt! Still don't know if I'll place the order, but I'll probably go with the same size as 2030.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads