• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gsgleason

Reaction score
Tan Horsehide on the 1035 last. I'm on the fence as to if I want to keep them. The fit is great, though. Very comfortable. I'm just uncertain on all the inconsistent grain/wrinkles/lines/etc.

What do you think?

So you're not a fan of the horsehide?

I think they are completely ******* awesome and just got a pair myself... They instantly became my favorite footwear.

I'm on the fence. I don't dislike them. They're just different than everything I've had thus far.

This last is so damn comfortable, though.

After going through Alden and C&J and AE, it's amazing how much better the quality of Viberg is.

benjaminroy

Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting some pics of the tan horsehide...

Unboxing. Viberg packaging is fantastic.

Thoughts:

I was concerned at first that they may be too small, but with just a few wears the leather loosened up a fair bit and they are perfect. I'm a Brannock 8D(maybe borderline E), and got these in a 7.5. My other Vibergs are on the 2045 last (7.5, fits nicely) and 110 (8, too big, but I wear them with thick socks and might get an orthotic). What's interesting is that my right foot is slightly smaller than my left, however the right foot feels noticeably tighter than the left. That's part of why I was afraid they might be too small. I put the right foot on first and it felt snug, which made me think "great, the left is going to be even worse". Perhaps my right foot is also taller than my left, and I've never noticed it before. Feet are weird.

The 1035 is really nice. Slim, but not pointy. Looks great with the cap toe. The color is awesome and the horsehide is tough as hell and has a nice shine to it.

I'm psyched to keep wearing these and see how they age!

Last edited:

JL77

Reaction score
A quick photo from today.

Last edited:

z8k1n

Reaction score
From GMTO , natty CXL

Gents, crazy as it seems I think I'm going to catch and release these Natty CXLs size 7
PM me if interested. I've simply landed too many grail types for me (Alden whiskey WTBoot + whiskey&cigar chukkas + ravello cap toe boot). PLUS I'm getting the Bison boot and the 1/2 Japanese.. I'm going to sleep on it but am leaning heavily on sharing..

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting some pics of the tan horsehide...

Unboxing. Viberg packaging is fantastic.

Thoughts:

I was concerned at first that they may be too small, but with just a few wears the leather loosened up a fair bit and they are perfect. I'm a Brannock 8D(maybe borderline E), and got these in a 7.5. My other Vibergs are on the 2045 last (7.5, fits nicely) and 110 (8, too big, but I wear them with thick socks and might get an orthotic). What's interesting is that my right foot is slightly smaller than my right, however the right foot feels noticeably tighter than the left. That's part of why I was afraid they might be too small. I put the right foot on first and it felt snug, which made me think "great, the left is going to be even worse". Perhaps my right foot is also taller than my left, and I've never noticed it before. Feet are weird.

The 1035 is really nice. Slim, but not pointy. Looks great with the cap toe. The color is awesome and the horsehide is tough as hell and has a nice shine to it.

I'm psyched to keep wearing these and see how they age!
Whats really interesting in this post is that you have two right feet.

Kidding of course.

Last edited:

pema

Reaction score
If anyone needs to bow out on the recent GMTO Cabourn boots, size 10.5,please PM me to recoup your costs plus a little extra. Thanks.

loanshark

Reaction score
Tan Horsehide on the 1035 last. I'm on the fence as to if I want to keep them. The fit is great, though. Very comfortable. I'm just uncertain on all the inconsistent grain/wrinkles/lines/etc.

What do you think?

I just picked up the tan horsehide service boot too. I'm beyond excited for my first Vibergs.

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
Here are my GMTO - light coating of VSC and light brushing. Indoor and outdoor pictures.

These boots....just....wow. They make my Alden boots feel like feathers. AND THE SMELL!!!?? Ridiculously intoxicating.

[ATTACHMENT=10718]IMG_4111.jpg (3,457k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=10719]IMG_4104.jpg (2,711k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBBSTI LTD