• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vendors - Client Email Behavior

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is directed at vendors out there. If others read and respond, that too is fine.

It's frustrating to reply to website visitor emails and then wait for future communication. Especially, if for example, it's about a purchase that was made and has yet to be completed (report delivered). Has the email reached its destination? Is it in the wrong folder (commercial email hell) where people should be looking and don't? Do people just not log in to their accounts often? To avoid seeming unprofessional (as though nothing was done before), how many days to wait before sending another message?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
This is directed at vendors out there. If others read and respond, that too is fine.

It's frustrating to reply to website visitor emails and then wait for future communication. Especially, if for example, it's about a purchase that was made and has yet to be completed (report delivered). Has the email reached its destination? Is it in the wrong folder (commercial email hell) where people should be looking and don't? Do people just not log in to their accounts often? To avoid seeming unprofessional (as though nothing was done before), how many days to wait before sending another message?

It depends on the money, really. I've had to deal with a lot of vendors in the past few months and I quickly realized that if they were slow it'd be a bear to work with them and I went elsewhere.

That said, emails are not phone calls and are generally not bothersome because they're easily deleted. People who work with email every day assuredly check their email every day. If there's a time constraint involved you might want to be more assertive and send the message more often. If not, relax a bit and resend in a few days.

It's a tough question to answer. I personally know of very few people who respond negatively to multiple emails in a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads